Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What will you do if 8.0 delivers tomorrow?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What will I do?
Hum......

Well, I suspect that I shall have to endure reading massive numbers of posts from those who HATE it.... and lament that this tiny feature or that improvement is missing... and from the non AP folks... listen to "ho-hum... this does not really help us out in any way" ... and well... you know how that goes...

I personally will play with it and be very VERY cautious when using AP features...

I am a person who is easily made Happy... so I will be Very Happy, and cautiously optimistic.

I don't have AP, so I'll install and complain that there is nothing in it for me. :eek:

But you will get something. At least the ability to keep the car at less than 105 degrees to help keep pets/kids safe. (And Elon says it can do that for up to a year on a full charge.)

I assume he is talking about a P100D, but that means that they have the vampire drain down to about 0.25%/day? (Or 274Wh/day.)

If Elon rolls out 8.0 tomorrow, I will.....

Probably get stranded wherever I happen to be at for an hour. I have a habit of hitting that install right now button. Just in case Tesla decides to do another recall/rollback like in the past. There is nothing like Santa Claus taking your present away and telling you to wait another two weeks until grandma can visit and watch you open it.

• Funny
Reactions: MP3Mike
My spouse and I will be on our first major trip in the Tesla, from the Boston area to Washington, DC, beginning tomorrow. So assuming we get version 8.0 in the next few days while we are on our trip, I will be conflicted. On the one hand, I'd want to install it and read the notes and see all the changes and how they work. But on the other hand, it might be better if I delay the install until we return so that it is not a distraction while we are on vacation. Plus, I want my spouse to do part of the driving, so I would be wary of changes in the screens or functions that will look unfamiliar and might make make her nervous.

I saw a tweet that they will begin rolling out the update tonight.
XJiU9ku.png

I have a quick question for the CAMERA experts amount us.

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks

So I plan on posting a brief informal video of 8.0 as soon as it is released, just a first look. However, what can I do to remove or mitigate the flickering and lines from being captured when I film the 17 inch??

I have GoPro Hero 4 Black, Canon DSLR, and iPhone 6 (7+ is still preparing for shipment). What do you recommend that I use?

Thanks
The flickering is from the raster line updates. Can you try lowering the FPS (frames per second) setting to 30 (or lower) and see if that helps? Use the video camera that has the highest degree of configuration and/or the one with the lowest FPS setting.

Thanks

Try a neutral density filter in front of the lens.
It works for blurring out the prop on small planes - so might also work for the screen flicker.