Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whatever happened to the front bumper camera and ambient lighting?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Reddit. Make of it what you will

IMG_0310.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: RNHurt
It's already 3 days into March. Someone should've taken delivery of a March build S/X in northern california
I dont think they roll off the line right into customer's garages. They need to be transported to the Service Center, PDI completed, probably some detailing then customers need to schedule appointments a few days in advance. I think it will be end of week at the earliest that we see any.

I dont think they roll off the line right into customer's garages. They need to be transported to the Service Center, PDI completed, probably some detailing then customers need to schedule appointments a few days in advance. I think it will be end of week at the earliest that we see any.
I just got my vin assigned today with a delivery window of 3/15-3/23 so I will let you all know what may or may not be on it! :)

Vin does shows this as a 2024 model.

It's been coming "any day now" for months now. Anyone hear the latest rumors? The bumper camera is the one thing I miss on my X from my last car, and I have an X order on hold waiting for the bumper camera to be released (only for 2 weeks, then I have to cancel/reorder, but I'd rather do that, than take delivery of a new $100k car and miss out on that feature like a week later)

It's seems like there were too many sources saying it was happening to be completely made up.
I am in the same exact boat. I have an order on hold as of yesterday. They wanted me to take delivery today it all happened too quickly so I assume I may have gotten assigned a vehicle someone rejected. Don't know how long to wait on the hold because I am trying to transfer FSD.

FWIW I have seen people do this to themselves over Teslas for years and years and years. Can’t wait forever in a hope. Especially anything related to updates.
My plan is to definitely release the hold in the next 5 days or so. I received a VIN that was released from the factory on 2/26 so it's pretty close to this rumored 3/1 "production change" date so I figured I'd give it a try. I won't wait forever but I am also not in a crazy rush for the car - my MS is doing just fine.

My plan is to definitely release the hold in the next 5 days or so. I received a VIN that was released from the factory on 2/26 so it's pretty close to this rumored 3/1 "production change" date so I figured I'd give it a try. I won't wait forever but I am also not in a crazy rush for the car - my MS is doing just fine.
Mine was built 2/29. Pick up next week. I can’t for the life of me comprehend why they would make a sudden change to the logistics of their build line between a Thursday and Friday haha

Last edited: