Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going on with new inventory pricing?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you reserve yours or is it still for sale? I asked my salesman if I remove ludicrous it wouldn't affect the discount and he confirmed that so I reserved at the original price and had them make the adjustment. Figured I'd be able to get my money back somehow if not .

Doesn't build pricing is now 20K for ludicrous too. I'm having plenty of issues with them but it looks like it'll work out in the end and after a 1500+ mile road trip .
I put the deposit on it last Saturday AM. The problem was that I also had them reduce the EAP to regular AP to save another $2k and to do that they changed it to the current price book base price. The current pricing is $99k base for P100D and then $15k for the Ludicrous, I think with the drop from the old $115k and $20k Ludicrous they thought the $42k discount would be too much and therefore they thought zero discount would be better. It is still sitting in my account pending them doing something. Originally the said they could do the one tier price downgrade of the 21" Black Arachnid wheels down to sonic grey 19’s, a couple days later they said they couldn’t do the downgrades anymore but could remove them and install the 19’s.

Last edited:
I put the deposit on it last Saturday AM. The problem was that I also had them reduce the EAP to regular AP to save another $2k and to do that they changed it to the current price book base price. The current pricing is $99k base for P100D and then $15k for the Ludicrous, I think with the drop from the old $115k and $20k Ludicrous they thought the $42k discount would be too much and therefore they thought zero discount would be better. It is still sitting in my account pending them doing something. Originally the said they could do the one tier price downgrade of the 21" Black Arachnid wheels down to sonic grey 19’s, a couple days later they said they couldn’t do the downgrades anymore but could remove them and install the 19’s.

That sucks to hear that they're screwing with your pricing so much. I got pretty frustrated with my experience but that's mostly because no one knew how to locate the car and whether they could ship it to me or not. I'm going to go pick it up but at least they didn't keep playing with pricing on me! Good luck with your purchase!

Lease estimate for P100D with $63k discount looks interesting, $143k original MSRP. $417/month but a total of around $10k down. About $25k total cost for 36 months.

I’m thinking I would lose more than $25k to depreciation, even though the car is discounted to $80k, if I were to buy and trade in. Would I be able to trade a 3 year old P100D for $55k or more?

Since college my lifetime average between switching cars is 20 months, 11 cars the last 18 year, this would be #12.

61EC48C4-1191-4040-9964-39E0BC1158B7.jpeg

Attachments

• 95604D4D-6CD0-4E18-A8C1-DC90BCF5640E.jpeg
    95604D4D-6CD0-4E18-A8C1-DC90BCF5640E.jpeg
    225.6 KB · Views: 84
Lease estimate for P100D with $63k discount looks interesting, $143k original MSRP. $417/month but a total of around $10k down. About $25k total cost for 36 months.

I’m thinking I would lose more than $25k to depreciation, even though the car is discounted to $80k, if I were to buy and trade in. Would I be able to trade a 3 year old P100D for $55k or more?

Since college my lifetime average between switching cars is 20 months, 11 cars the last 18 year, this would be #12.

FYI the lease will likely be denied. My lease got denied and so did my owner advisor's application for the same lease on a discounted P100D. The bank would lose money on the lease due to how the residual is based on the MSRP so they're denying them.

• Informative
Reactions: DaveT
FYI the lease will likely be denied. My lease got denied and so did my owner advisor's application for the same lease on a discounted P100D. The bank would lose money on the lease due to how the residual is based on the MSRP so they're denying them.
Thanks. I remember a few years ago that they had leases for similar amounts on the change over from AP1 P90D to P100D. They probably learned from that mistake.

Even though I ordered this $80k P100D, I'm still on the fence about going through it with. The actual discount from new is about $30k and the one I ordered has several thousand demo/loaner miles and you know that people were trying ludicrous mode launches.

I feels like there will be a refresh coming soon. We're already seeing cars being produced with updated HW3 for AP and possibly updated charging hardware to enable Supercharger V3. I'm more worried about missing out on an interior refresh since this interior is almost identical to the car I have now.

Any opinions?

Even though I ordered this $80k P100D, I'm still on the fence about going through it with. The actual discount from new is about $30k and the one I ordered has several thousand demo/loaner miles and you know that people were trying ludicrous mode launches.

I feels like there will be a refresh coming soon. We're already seeing cars being produced with updated HW3 for AP and possibly updated charging hardware to enable Supercharger V3. I'm more worried about missing out on an interior refresh since this interior is almost identical to the car I have now.

Any opinions?

I just don't think it's possible to go wrong for that price. $80k for a P100D with a new car warranty is a deal, also, if you wait for the latest auto pilot, interior refresh, whatever, you will always be waiting for something.

Any opinions?

I am in the same boat, put the deposit down and cannot decide if I should go

Any opinions?
I am in the same boat

Any opinions?

I am in the same boat, put the deposit down and don't know if I should go through with it due to HW3, new battery and interior update rumors.

The one I wanted for 80k though was sold, I was not fast enough, so the one I have now is 85k before the $3750 tax rebate.

I cannot make my mind up....

Np

Any opinions?
.. You are paying way less due to the technology being out for a few years. I know if they release a newer faster updated version I'm willing to take the loss and upgrade. If you are willing to add another 80-100k onto the price then you are better off waiting. Theres absolutely no way Tesla will release a faster bigger battery version for anywhere near this price point. I am sure Ludicrous mode will be discounted in the future... And yes... Ludicrous mode does make a big difference...

Let's take a look at this vehicle though. It's an absolute beast on the street and will absolutely ruin your kids future if they enjoy fast cars...

Someone in the North Texas Facebook group posted around 10+ links to P100D's. Many of them were red and were loaded. The prices were between $79K and $81K. It was unbelievable! And they were dissapering FAST! I mean SUPER FAST. All were gone by this morning. Too bad out of my price range! I settled for a 2015 S85D with 12,004 miles with all the options I wanted, Tech Package, Sub-Zero, Premium sound system, panoramic roof and 19" wheels. The sales advisor called today and I am hoping I can take delivery in a few days.

I have a deposit down on a red P100D without Ludicrous, taking delivery on Friday. I agreed to a 24 month lease at $1,105 /month with 0 down. Is this a good deal? I am worried about a possible refresh in the near future, and I don't know if I should wait. I guess I could always transfer the lease to someone else.

Reactions: Gen3 and Don TLR
I have a deposit down on a red P100D without Ludicrous, taking delivery on Friday. I agreed to a 24 month lease at $1,105 /month with 0 down. Is this a good deal? I am worried about a possible refresh in the near future, and I don't know if I should wait. I guess I could always transfer the lease to someone else.

If you're worried about a refresh, I'll take that Red P100D off your hands at that price.. :D
That's a great deal!

Any opinions?

I feel the same way, but haven't pulled the trigger on anything. Sometimes I feel dumb for not jumping on a P100D for 80kish (removing ludicrous). Now seems like most are gone anyways?

I guess it comes down to how long you can wait, or if an interior refresh would be worth 30k more?

".. You are paying way less due to the technology being out for a few years. I know if they release a newer faster updated version I'm willing to take the loss and upgrade. If you are willing to add another 80-100k onto the price then you are better off waiting. Theres absolutely no way Tesla will release a faster bigger battery version for anywhere near this price point. I am sure Ludicrous mode will be discounted in the future... And yes... Ludicrous mode does make a big difference..."

This is the Truth. If you want/need a new Model S now and feel that a Refresh is in the works, it's a great time to buy.
The major depreciation hit has hit.
A $105K car could probably be sold within the next year for between 90-95 or traded back to Tesla for nearly that. You will have the latest S for the best prices ever seen on a 100 with or without Ludicrous. And the freedom to keep it for several years or the flexibility to go for the Refresh whenever that is.