Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's going to be at the 2014 NAIAS Tesla exhibit?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember that the Model X concept was at last year's NAIAS. Will they roll out an updated concept that is close to production?

http://insideevs.com/tesla-model-x-spotted-on-public-road-in-culver-city-california/
Model X spotted on a public road, could this be the one going to NAIAS?

I assume this could be the final production Model X everyone wants to see. Regardless it seems to be out and about and functioning so it wouldn't hurt to bring it to Detroit. I guess I should keep an eye on social media too incase it gets spotted somewhere else!

I hope they DON'T bring that to Detroit, or they'll look like fools ... since it's what they brought last year. Here's Tesla in Detroit, January 2013:

Last edited by a moderator:
Whatever they are bringing, I'd bet it is rolling into the showroom tonight! Isn't the first showing Monday? I bet there are reserved times when there are no prying eyes from other car makers afoot.

Whatever they are bringing, I'd bet it is rolling into the showroom tonight! Isn't the first showing Monday? I bet there are reserved times when there are no prying eyes from other car makers afoot.

How about a Red SigX with 110 KW battery. That would be nice. A drop dead show stopper: (It won't happen but let me dream) concept E

Last edited:
I hope they DON'T bring that to Detroit, or they'll look like fools ... since it's what they brought last year. Here's Tesla in Detroit, January 2013:

This. I remember crawling around that car at last year's show (and almost whacking my head on the doors, btw).

I would be very surprised if we don't see an update.

Last edited by a moderator:
photo.PNG
I think you know where this is :)

If all they have at the booth is a Model S, I'll be really surprised. Why spend the money to be at the show if there is nothing new to announce? Tesla doesn't come to most auto shows so I feel like there should be some significance to them having a presence at Detroit.

Perhaps the reveal of whatever new vehicle they plan to show will not occur until their press conference Tuesday.

Yes, it is.
The only question now is: What if that is just a regular Model S and they wheel out a SSP110+ on tuesday during press conference?

Hints that AWD is coming:
No model X on site
Tesla has revealed Beta/Alpha/Production all on their own time in their own facilities. It would be strange to unveil Model X here.
AWD development timeline seems right
Would hold off thirsty investors till Model X production.
Model X production shouldn't be ready till March (based on model S timeline, Nov-May) 6-7 months before production

- - - Updated - - -

View attachment 40631 I think you know where this is :)

Where did you get this picture?