Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's in 2019.20.4.3?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My car nagged me this morning about an update. I was already on 20.4.2 so I checked around to see if anyone had posted any info about what this update could be. I decided to be brave and ran the update. No new release notes; the displayed notes are for 20.4.2 with the introduction of Beach Buggy racing.

I stepped through my settings screens and didn't notice anything different (like Enhanced Summon, or whatever it's being called this week). I'm assuming this was a bug fix release only. Anyone know what it addresses?

My car nagged me this morning about an update. I was already on 20.4.2 so I checked around to see if anyone had posted any info about what this update could be. I decided to be brave and ran the update. No new release notes; the displayed notes are for 20.4.2 with the introduction of Beach Buggy racing.

I stepped through my settings screens and didn't notice anything different (like Enhanced Summon, or whatever it's being called this week). I'm assuming this was a bug fix release only. Anyone know what it addresses?

Maybe they finally fixed the USB music? :p:rolleyes:

• Funny
Reactions: MikeBur
20.4.2 fixed Dolby on mine I believe. Just got the nag for I assume 20.4.3. By far the least amount of time between updates for me 10 days and 5 days respectively. Not expecting much in this one. I'm ready for a week 22 or 24.o_O

My 2019.20.4.2 did not have Beach Buggy Racing. Are you saying you had it in 4.2 or did you get it in 4.3?

Same release notes as 4.2. Guessing just bug fixes. Heading out today so will report back with any autopilot or other updates.
EB8786E2-30D2-47A2-AF80-4662FF0A4980.jpeg

I got the update today. I didn't notice any difference until I read the posts referring to Dolby. Then I realized that the base is significantly louder now. I did notice the sound difference after the update, but I didn't think the update had anything to do with it.

The last one had more phantom braking than the one before. Hope 2019.20.4.3 resolved that. Just installed it tonight.
On my test drive of 2019.20.4.3 it wasn’t so much phantom breaking, as it was over-reacting to cars making left turns from the opposite direction in front of me. In other words, slowing down too much and not accelerating quick enough once the car was no longer in the roadway.
Although this has been an ongoing issue and it’s very hard to judge progress because no to circumstances have the exact same timing or conditions.
A bit annoying but I always accelerate through as a courtesy to drivers behind me. Also no immediate improvement when a single lane becomes two lanes by merely widening and having a lane market that appear. appears The center of the widened roadway. I wish it was a predictable behavior or it could pick the best lane based upon your navigation destination. It would be better/safer if it always just hugged the center line or the right lane. ( USA). At least that way you would know that you might need to take a counteractive measure to get you in the lane you preferred if it wasn’t the default

So far the only thing I've found is now the car doesn't recognize my keyfob. Doesn't respond to proximity, click, placing it on the windshield or below the 12V accessory socket. Tried a new battery but that didn't work. My wife's fob works and fortunately I can use the phone app. Did all the reboots and power off/on that support asked for. Now I'm on day 3 of waiting to be contacted by the SC to schedule a mobile visit. *sigh*

I had severe weaving side to side at speed on AS on 20.4.2, which seems to be cured on 20.4.3. I cant be 100% sure ( probably 95%) this was the result of software updates as 20.4.2 coincided with a trip abroad with full load, and 20 .4.3 coincided exactly with return and reduced load.