Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NTSB update for Autopilot has me looking for an anti-nag device

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes, it appears that Tesla has caught on to the scroll-bot trick and has simply disabled using scroll wheels to defeat the nag. It appeared in the v12 release. I would expect it to show up for AP users soon.
I have v12.3, and the scroll wheel thing works for me. I've also seen people on Reddit claim that it works for them as well. Odd...

And as for the TSL6, being able to open the charge port door with the rear door handle sounds useful.

I have v12.3, and the scroll wheel thing works for me. I've also seen people on Reddit claim that it works for them as well. Odd...

And as for the TSL6, being able to open the charge port door with the rear door handle sounds useful.
Earlier v12.x version(s) had disabled the scroll wheel/nag feature. There were rumors that it was a glitch that would be fixed in later versions but without any official word, there was no way to know. v12.3 and later seems to have fixed the glitch so apparently the rumors were true. I have v12.3 and the scroll wheel works fine for cancelling the nag.

Reactions: David99
Easier than pressing the charger door or the button on the charger cable?

Maybe I should work up a homeassistant automation to automatically open the charger door after parking close to a supercharger.
Off topic:

Recently, I had a quick stop at a small store. Was in no more than 5 minutes. Came out and found the charge door open.

Was odd. If it was open while driving (can it be open while driving?) I didn’t notice and I didn’t notice when I got out and left the car. Sentry didn’t show anyone around the car. Only time it’s ever happened. Weird.

The little anti-nag device that goes inside the steering wheel works well with the current version of FSD. Zero steering wheel nags. The only exception are situations where the travel lanes might be changed due to construction or something like that. If the car sees barriers/cones it will demand you hold the wheel. Scroll wheel use isn't enough. Seems reasonable.
Cabin camera is also better. It gives you a bit more leeway doing something on the screen, reaching for a drink and things like that. I drove over 2000 miles with the current version of FSD and I think Tesla has found a reasonable level of checking for driver attention. But I will admit I do pay close attention to the road using FSD because I feel like I have to. Still too many situations where it doesn't work good enough.

Edit: This refers to AP version 12.3.3 (the first iteration that has AI end to end)

Last edited:
Reactions: CCopperpot
The little anti-nag device that goes inside the steering wheel works well with the current version of FSD. Zero steering wheel nags. The only exception are situations where the travel lanes might be changed due to construction or something like that. If the car sees barriers/cones it will demand you hold the wheel. Scroll wheel use isn't enough. Seems reasonable.
Cabin camera is also better. It gives you a bit more leeway doing something on the screen, reaching for a drink and things like that. I drove over 2000 miles with the current version of FSD and I think Tesla has found a reasonable level of checking for driver attention. But I will admit I do pay close attention to the road using FSD because I feel like I have to. Still too many situations where it doesn't work good enough.

12.3.3?

Reactions: David99
Funny, on 12.3.3, I put probably 18 hours on the car with FSD and the little steering wheel device a couple weeks back visiting family and chasing the eclipse. I probably had 30 disengagements for stupid sh$t, some just annoyances but some real safety issues. The big annoyance for me was the 3 ‘strikes’. Every single one cause due to looking at the 1-2 o’clock area over the display. Strikes without warning. First one, not traffic related, was looking out at the fields to my right wondering what the was crop growing there. Rural area. No cars around, was even fairly slow speed limit. Peripheral vision could still see the road ahead. But BAM! No warning, strike. Second one? Traffic related. Was passing a car to my right in another lane. Wasn’t sure what the car’s intentions were so I was paying attention to it which means looking at it at my 1-2 o’clock position. But BAM! No warning, strike. Third one? Was second car at an intersection waiting for light to turn green. It did, there was a car on the intersecting road with right turn signal to my right, was looking to make sure he stayed stopped instead of turning onto my road ahead which means looking at my 1-2 o’clock position. But BAM! No warning, strike.

I was particularly annoyed because given I had disigaged something like 30 times and given a recorded responce as to why in the previous couple days. It was obvious I’m being attentive. After the last one, I turned on FSD and disengaged 3 or 4 times in quick succession to verbally express my frustration to the recording. I doubt it mattered. But damn, it’s a worthless piece of sh$t if you can’t use it.

In the end, after the trip, I had a work related airline trip for a few days. On the way to the airport, I intentionally caused two more strikes so my car could sit out the week when I wasn’t using it. I was amazed at how much warning it wanted to give me on those two strikes. First a message. Then the blue fade on the top left. Then a “boop, boop” with the blue fade. I think there was a second “boop, boop”, not sure. THEN, the red strike screen. No way I missed the warnings on the other instances… sometimes it just doesn’t warn.

Funny, on 12.3.3, I put probably 18 hours on the car with FSD and the little steering wheel device a couple weeks back visiting family and chasing the eclipse. I probably had 30 disengagements for stupid sh$t, some just annoyances but some real safety issues. The big annoyance for me was the 3 ‘strikes’. Every single one cause due to looking at the 1-2 o’clock area over the display. Strikes without warning. First one, not traffic related, was looking out at the fields to my right wondering what the was crop growing there. Rural area. No cars around, was even fairly slow speed limit. Peripheral vision could still see the road ahead. But BAM! No warning, strike. Second one? Traffic related. Was passing a car to my right in another lane. Wasn’t sure what the car’s intentions were so I was paying attention to it which means looking at it at my 1-2 o’clock position. But BAM! No warning, strike. Third one? Was second car at an intersection waiting for light to turn green. It did, there was a car on the intersecting road with right turn signal to my right, was looking to make sure he stayed stopped instead of turning onto my road ahead which means looking at my 1-2 o’clock position. But BAM! No warning, strike.

I was particularly annoyed because given I had disigaged something like 30 times and given a recorded responce as to why in the previous couple days. It was obvious I’m being attentive. After the last one, I turned on FSD and disengaged 3 or 4 times in quick succession to verbally express my frustration to the recording. I doubt it mattered. But damn, it’s a worthless piece of sh$t if you can’t use it.

In the end, after the trip, I had a work related airline trip for a few days. On the way to the airport, I intentionally caused two more strikes so my car could sit out the week when I wasn’t using it. I was amazed at how much warning it wanted to give me on those two strikes. First a message. Then the blue fade on the top left. Then a “boop, boop” with the blue fade. I think there was a second “boop, boop”, not sure. THEN, the red strike screen. No way I missed the warnings on the other instances… sometimes it just doesn’t warn.
This confirms my theory that AP + anti nag device + camera covered is a better experience than FSD on software versions above 2023.44.1

interestingly enough, I've found the TSL6 device and FSD works fantastic. It has barked at me a few times to pay attention which I believe were legitimate nags, but for the most part, I never have to intervene unless it's to disengage FSD for a mistake etc. I do wear glasses though so maybe thats part of it.

With that said, AP and the camera covered does work great! I'm a big fan

• Informative
Reactions: 69KWH