Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's the best Model S refresh front fascia option

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last week, I made an appointment to get it fixed at the dealer. Meanwhile I figured I would try and fix it beforehand and just cancel the appointment if I got it to work. I trimmed around the radar, like you see above. I went for a short drive hoping it would be reset, nothing. Move it a little bit more then went for another drive, still nothing. I did that a couple more times and just gave up. I was ready to bring it in for service.

Yesterday, I went to meet up with some family at a vineyard in Connecticut. (yeah Connecticut) The drive was about an hour and a half from me. The whole way up there I had no autopilot and no cruise control. The horror!!! On my way back home, I noticed that the autopilot was available. Boom fixed. Not sure what I did but it now works perfectly. Go figure.

I own a Tesla Model S p90D, want to this bumper upgrade, as I'm purchasing parts at Tesla they told me replacing bumper cover will void my warranty as the new bumper is not designed for the old nosecone models. Is that true, my car is still under warranty for another 25K miles.

I'm not going to tell you what to do or not do with your car. If they told you that, then you should decide on the update at your own risk.
I personally have not been told that. But I guess it's a possibility.

I was buying parts at Tesla, they told me my performance Model S warranty will be voided if I use refresh model S bumper on the pre-refresh model S since it's not made for that car.
They did not told me or mention that when I order parts. They even suggest me to Find a way to jump start the 12v battery when its died . But i heard that is true. My car almost running out of warranty so I just go ahead and do it.

I have read LITTERALLY 15 pages of this thread but was starting to get confused as to what I need, don't need, should do... etc.
My parked car was hit by someone else in a parking lot on Saturday.
I have read in this thread that Tesla no longer offers the nose cone bumper. So, im thinking I might try and get them to do a facelifted bumper. (Hey, can't fault a girl for trying and its going to be at the body shop anyways, right?)
What parts do I need? Part list please so I can go in with my guns loaded. My car is a 2015 MS85D with AP1. I am out of warranty so I do not care about that.
PS, I am BLOWN AWAY at how damn smart U people are and how U guys have got what was once considered impossible damn near down to a science.
Now if any of y'all could figure out how to retrofit AP1 to AP2, 2.5, 3, or FSD.... we would be golden. Haha.

Attachments

• 20200627_135548.jpg
    20200627_135548.jpg
    738.2 KB · Views: 394
  • 20200627_135556.jpg
    20200627_135556.jpg
    821.6 KB · Views: 224
  • 20200627_135603.jpg
    20200627_135603.jpg
    710.5 KB · Views: 226
  • 20200627_135728.jpg
    20200627_135728.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 214
  • 20200627_135728.jpg
    20200627_135728.jpg
    606.6 KB · Views: 229
I was buying parts at Tesla for the project, they told me my warranty will be voided if I use refresh bumper on pre-refresh model S since it's not made to fit older version. Is that true?

I was buying parts at Tesla, they told me my performance Model S warranty will be voided if I use refresh model S bumper on the pre-refresh model S since it's not made for that car.

This makes no sense... Tesla has used the aftermarket bumper from Unplugged Performance to update their Military Service vehicles.

Happy Veterans Day From Tesla: Special Ops Model S Impresses

Tesla honored veterans on Memorial Day with custom wrapped Model S

• Informative
Reactions: Chaserr
I have read LITTERALLY 15 pages of this thread but was starting to get confused as to what I need, don't need, should do... etc.
My parked car was hit by someone else in a parking lot on Saturday.
I have read in this thread that Tesla no longer offers the nose cone bumper. So, im thinking I might try and get them to do a facelifted bumper. (Hey, can't fault a girl for trying and its going to be at the body shop anyways, right?)
What parts do I need? Part list please so I can go in with my guns loaded. My car is a 2015 MS85D with AP1. I am out of warranty so I do not care about that.
PS, I am BLOWN AWAY at how damn smart U people are and how U guys have got what was once considered impossible damn near down to a science.
Now if any of y'all could figure out how to retrofit AP1 to AP2, 2.5, 3, or FSD.... we would be golden. Haha.
Look like you need the leftside fender as well.
Front bumper, radiator cooling cover, front T support, fog light if you dont want to cut the bumper.

IMG_8553.jpg
They did not told me or mention that when I order parts. They even suggest me to Find a way to jump start the 12v battery when its died . But i heard that is true. My car almost running out of warranty so I just go ahead and do it.
I was told be TESLA SC that new bumper has a lot things changed inside, therefore, Tesla doesn't recommend updating.
This makes no sense... Tesla has used the aftermarket bumper from Unplugged Performance to update their Military Service vehicles.

Happy Veterans Day From Tesla: Special Ops Model S Impresses

Tesla honored veterans on Memorial Day with custom wrapped Model S
Apparently UP and Tsportline are okay since they are made for the older model S. I ended up ordering Tsportline on July 4th sale price and free shipping. Did the install myself. I like UP design but not the price. Tsportline actually ended up 1/2 the UP price and Less than OEM route. Below are some photos. Need to take better pictures. I still need to do the full paint correction and PPF on the bumper and the hood.

Attachments

• IMG_8551.jpg
    IMG_8551.jpg
    770.7 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_8552.jpg
    IMG_8552.jpg
    748.9 KB · Views: 281
Since we did the full interior retrofit for this 2015 with premium seats (adjustable headrest) , door panels, center console, graphic trim and dash we had to finish it off with the exterior. Model S using only OEM parts. This is a p85d 2015. Oem headlights, hood and bumper. We will soon post a diy on how to do this stage 3 facelift. Stage 1- Facelifted bumper. Stage 2- Facelifted bumper and headlights . Stage 3 - Facelifted bumper, headlights and hood. Stage 4- Is our full facelifted setup with facelifted bumper, headlights, hood, side skirts and rear bumper.

Attachments

• 116742308_620075905281992_5221078059855495262_n.jpg
    116742308_620075905281992_5221078059855495262_n.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 272