Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

what's the trick to get autopark to work?!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
had autopark for several weeks now and have seen it offer to park in my work's car park just once (it didn't do a bad job of it to be fair).

we have clearly marked bays.

what's the trick to get it to actually offer to park for you? I'm crawling along at 5 mph or so - I thought that's all you needed to do?

Reactions: jecsun
My 2022 Model S used to work in identifying spaces just fine before I got the FSD Beta download three weeks ago. Since then, Autopark hasn’t worked for me once in identifying spaces. Same parking lots I always use, freshly paved with prominent white lines. What the hell, Tesla? A $120k car that can’t even park itself and Ford does this flawlessly.
Exactly.
Autopark used to work flawlessly each and every time before I upgraded to FSD Beta. Now it NEVER appears. It's frustrating.

Upvote 0
Exactly.
Autopark used to work flawlessly each and every time before I upgraded to FSD Beta. Now it NEVER appears. It's frustrating.
You UK based? - there is a Brampton in UK. If so, presumably you mean FSD (pretty much like everything on Tesla, still in) Beta, or simply FSD (or more accurately EAP+stop line control) rather than the US/Can FSD (city streets) Beta which is something completely different?

Upvote 0
You UK based? - there is a Brampton in UK. If so, presumably you mean FSD (pretty much like everything on Tesla, still in) Beta, or simply FSD (or more accurately EAP+stop line control) rather than the US/Can FSD (city streets) Beta which is something completely different?
I don't know where you are from or how that is relevant, but my issue with Autopark started after installing Full Self Driving Beta (which is for driving on city streets).

• Disagree
Reactions: CWT3LR
Upvote 0
I posted a official Tesla response about this - it can’t be textured surface or have badly painted lines (ie it needs to be black tarmac with solid white line, no coloured lines or block paving etc)
So, just bring a mop and a bucket to clean the tarmac and then repaint the lines with the white paint you also brought. After that, pop back into the car and push the auto-park button! Easy peasy!!

Upvote 0