Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's TSLA price by Friday 7/24 if it posts Q2 GAAP profit?

What do you think TSLA's price is by Friday 7/24 if it posts Q2 GAAP profit?

• <1500

Votes: 6 3.2%
  • 1500 to 1750

Votes: 61 33.0%
  • 1750 to 2000

Votes: 91 49.2%
  • >2000

Votes: 27 14.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Don’t think that profits size matters at all. From a SP perspective this is all about the S&P.
Yes, but positivity is assumed in the question and there is more to the stock price rising than S&P.

I don't think amount of profit matters this time unless it's huge which is unlikely IMO. All eyes on S&P 500 inclusion.

Maybe unlikely, but possible. If Tesla's emissions credits are guaranteed or the deferred tax credit is recognized or the MIC 3 margins are great, it could be quite impressive.
$0.20 a share -> accused of cooking books, but rise on S&P 1500-1750
$1.00 a share -> good results in a pandemic 1750-2000
$2.00 a share -> what what? Q3 will be crazy. Over 2000

1750 is only a 16% rise over Friday's close, so I went with 1750-2000.

I also agree that showing a Q2 profit without the additional levers and/or confirming 2020 guidance will be important for the SP in the short term. The rest will be noise. I feel confident that a Q2 profit without the ZEV credits is secure;Model Y margins, FSD take rate, Better China margins, Renegotiated Panasonic contract.

I do think we will get a pre ER bump starting with our typical Tesla Mondays.

Based on the leaks and Elon’s general mood, this quarter means a whole lot more to him even through he does not care about Quarterly results. Yes he might have given mixed signals in previous quarters but it cannot get anymore definitive than this. Elon is crazy but not stupid. I think we are in for a big surprise in terms of the GAAP number.

I also agree that showing a Q2 profit without the additional levers and/or confirming 2020 guidance will be important for the SP in the short term. The rest will be noise. I feel confident that a Q2 profit without the ZEV credits is secure;Model Y margins, FSD take rate, Better China margins, Renegotiated Panasonic contract.

I do think we will get a pre ER bump starting with our typical Tesla Mondays.

Based on the leaks and Elon’s general mood, this quarter means a whole lot more to him even through he does not care about Quarterly results. Yes he might have given mixed signals in previous quarters but it cannot get anymore definitive than this. Elon is crazy but not stupid. I think we are in for a big surprise in terms of the GAAP number.
Good point. Profitable without ZEV credits is a big positive and great PR. "break even" Elon was referring to could mean without ZEV credits. That's what makes Elon excited.

Last edited:
I think an exeptional great profit is already baked into the price. A "meh" profit would sink price to <$1500. Look at Netflix. Went down too, even after some great numbers.

Nah.. nothing is baked into the SP yet - other than a possibility for a profit. When it is a fact, we will get a rise imho.

Netflix - missed earning pr. share, and their guidance was low.. Not comparable. Analysts still expect Tesla to loose $1 or so pr. share.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger