Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your 90%?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just got my 2016 CPO Model S 70 2 weeks ago. The previous owner must of done something right as I'm getting 242-244 at 90% charge. I asked the SA why the miles are so much higher than the average S70. His response was "I don't know". See pic after today's charge at home.

That seems too good. But if it is real, consider yourself lucky. But what is more important is how many miles you can actually drive with that charge, which depends on your driving Wh/mi. For most people, it is a challenge to match rated miles on an everyday basis.

Individual cars can see lots of degradation or very little. At 3 years and 21K miles I've seen about a 1/2 mile drop in range at 90% (269 when new, but would drop to 268 within a short time after finishing charging and consistently 268 in good weather now). 5% in the first year then leveling out is about the average, but some have more and some have less.

This is after 2019.16.2 SW update?

For those who don't know many people see a drop overnight for anything ranging from a day or two to a week after the 2019.16.x update. The car also has pumps and fans running all night sometimes during this process. Tesla is running some kind of test on the batteries and the speculation is that it has something to do with the fire in Hong Kong.

I saw the drop for 2 days, but some people have reported it going on for several days. It probably depends on what the diagnostic finds and what it's doing about it.

Individual cars can see lots of degradation or very little. At 3 years and 21K miles I've seen about a 1/2 mile drop in range at 90% (269 when new, but would drop to 268 within a short time after finishing charging and consistently 268 in good weather now). 5% in the first year then leveling out is about the average, but some have more and some have less.

For those who don't know many people see a drop overnight for anything ranging from a day or two to a week after the 2019.16.x update. The car also has pumps and fans running all night sometimes during this process. Tesla is running some kind of test on the batteries and the speculation is that it has something to do with the fire in Hong Kong.

I saw the drop for 2 days, but some people have reported it going on for several days. It probably depends on what the diagnostic finds and what it's doing about it.

Thanks.

FYI, I'm the original poster for this thread: Continuous Faint Humming Noise When Parked when the issue started after 2019.16.2 and have suddenly lost about 30 miles in few weeks since then. I'm also part of the discussion in thread: S85D sudden degradation .