Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your favourite and least favourite supercharger and why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a frequent traveller up the East Coast between Cambridgeshire & Edinburgh, I would say:

Best: Grantham as new and lots of them. But only a few miles from home so barely use.
Worst: Adderstone (remote and at a truck stop), Scotch Corner (old chargers and basic facilities at the hotel) & Washington (round back of hotel, only access to vending machines and toilets)

East coast is really badly served. Ferrybridge is ok, but very busy.

Least fav: Michaelwood because it claims to be in the services but it feels like a mile away! And I only got ~35kW there; the grid connection must be pretty overprovisioned. I'll also give special mentions to Belfast Tesla garage and Tebay southbound because I had to queue for aaaggggeeeeessssssss! 😢

Most fav: Flint mountain was good; stayed the night for under £40 as well to avoid a 5AM wakeup to get to Holyhead!

Least fav: Michaelwood because it claims to be in the services but it feels like a mile away! And I only got ~35kW there; the grid connection must be pretty overprovisioned. I'll also give special mentions to Belfast Tesla garage and Tebay southbound because I had to queue for aaaggggeeeeessssssss! 😢

Most fav: Flint mountain was good; stayed the night for under £40 as well to avoid a 5AM wakeup to get to Holyhead!
I missed the turning for the Michaelwood chargers in the dark and drove right to the end of the services.. had to drive back down the wrong way as I needed to charge there. On the plus point by the time you've hiked to the services and back the car is fully charged 🤣

Reactions: M1tch
Stopped at Rugby twice at the weekend. What an amazing services. Loads of chargers (although late Sunday afternoon 25/28 superchargers in use and all 10 of the working non-superchargers in use). Lovely services building. Even a soft play frame for the kids. Great.

Lovely services building. Even a soft play frame for the kids. Great.
The walk to the services and back takes a long time and mostly the car is charged by the time you return. Also if it rains it is a pain going all the way to use the services! Other than that it is really good.

What I noticed in Europe is they sort of separate the Tesla SC and non Tesla ones mostly in all these service areas and that keeps waiting area clear of all the cars queuing up. In Rugby that was one of the issue in the past when it was busy as all the cars queue up and create a chaos there!

Trentham on the M1.. Stone Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8NF
Surrounded by a Lake, Garden Centre, loads of shops (Trentham shopping village). A nice place to hang out for 30 mins whilst your car gets topped up.

XR73+58 Stoke-on-Trent

Worst one... Brent Cross... They only have 2 superchargers.. and they are always busy unless you go at silly o'clock