Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your favourite and least favourite supercharger and why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
15 mins free at Hilton Heathrow T5 this evening, thereafter £6.20 for an hour minimum via Ring-Go app. The miserable staff were tolerable before but now this is one to avoid.
I used that for the first time a few weeks ago, noted the free 15 min period and checked after on my logs, I was car park entry to exit in 14 mins.
Didn't quite have as much as was wanted but did a perfect stop at Warwick with a 12 min charge/loo/coffee combo stop 😁
The Heathrow Hilton one is indeed now off my list though which is sad because v2's with lots of capacity.
Question though, car park terms of re-entry and if there are two drivers, two separate contacts apply...

Reactions: Danno_
Trentham on the M1.. Stone Rd, Stoke-on-Trent ST4 8NF
Surrounded by a Lake, Garden Centre, loads of shops (Trentham shopping village). A nice place to hang out for 30 mins whilst your car gets topped up.

XR73+58 Stoke-on-Trent

Worst one... Brent Cross... They only have 2 superchargers.. and they are always busy unless you go at silly o'clock
Trentham on M1?

You live and learn

I tried to charge at Cribbs Causeway today and couldn't find it using the Tesla SatNav. It announced that I had arrived but I really hadn't. I could see I was in the general area but there was no road to take me there. I ended up using Waze which took me to the Tesla Bristol Service Centre and I charged there.

Can anyone please tell me for future reference how I find the Tesla Cribbs Causeway chargers please? It seems really strange that Tesla Satnav doesn't take me to the correct location...
It is not easy to find indeed..... The chargers are on the north side of the mall. Follow signs for John Lewis and enter the lower level there is a sign for the car park for EV chargers

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Agree. I had a choice the other morning and mistakenly chose this place. Staff were still miserable and coffee £4.

I stayed at the hotel in October and charged my car there - I received 2 parking tickets which just last week Hilton (after escalating within Hilton) finally were confirmed as cancelled. I think the hotel is now a franchise rather than a "real" Hilton hence the awful parking system.

Definitely one to avoid or read the signs very carefully, as if you think the Hilton staff are miserable try Smart Parking and Debt Recovery Plus !

After not needing to use a supercharger for months I suddenly did quite a few miles in the last week and was impressed by the supercharger at:

- St Andrews (Brum) - Tesla centre open 8-5 - free coffee
- Kings Lynn. Friendly hotel - paid coffee. No parking charge.
- Exeter. Wow. So many chargers.
- Lifton. Nice farm shop deli.

I think all were 250kw - and Exeter each way up and down the motorway were big charges but done to 100% each time just because it was so fast and we were grabbing food.

Oh and also the Gridserve at Gatwick which is a mini EV only service station and has 4 Tesla chargers was impressive and a glimpse of the future - I think I saw another of those on the Norwich ring road.

After not needing to use a supercharger for months I suddenly did quite a few miles in the last week and was impressed by the supercharger at:

- St Andrews (Brum) - Tesla centre open 8-5 - free coffee
- Kings Lynn. Friendly hotel - paid coffee. No parking charge.
- Exeter. Wow. So many chargers.
- Lifton. Nice farm shop deli.

I think all were 250kw - and Exeter each way up and down the motorway were big charges but done to 100% each time just because it was so fast and we were grabbing food.

Oh and also the Gridserve at Gatwick which is a mini EV only service station and has 4 Tesla chargers was impressive and a glimpse of the future - I think I saw another of those on the Norwich ring road.
exeter SC is very good because so many of them. Shitty services themselves tho

Reactions: KeithA
As others have said, Hilton T5. But also the Heathrow Renaissance, which has the same policy. Leave a negative Google review, it tends to focus the mind of Marriott corporate head office. Given that many Tesla drivers have reasonable disposable income and are also petty, petulant, and childish (I mean, I am...), antagonising the demographic most likely to use your hotels is a shot in the foot.

Gordano because of the number of people charging to 100%. Luton is just grim.

Favourite is probably Rugby. Easy access from M1/M6, all V3, clean toilets, good food options. Tebay would be up there too if they had a few more chargers.

Reactions: WilberDaForce
As others have said, Hilton T5. But also the Heathrow Renaissance, which has the same policy. Leave a negative Google review, it tends to focus the mind of Marriott corporate head office. Given that many Tesla drivers have reasonable disposable income and are also petty, petulant, and childish (I mean, I am...), antagonising the demographic most likely to use your hotels is a shot in the foot.

Gordano because of the number of people charging to 100%. Luton is just grim.

Favourite is probably Rugby. Easy access from M1/M6, all V3, clean toilets, good food options. Tebay would be up there too if they had a few more chargers.
Reviews left!