Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your favourite and least favourite supercharger and why?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My favourite is probably Mansfield - the outlet village is near the M1, they're V3 (I think) so you don't have to wait long even if they are all full and there are nice shops/food places.

My least favourite is Warrington - only two stalls round the back of a hotel and they're V2 (again I think) so you have to queue to get 60kW.

Least favourite - any SuC that is part of a multi-storey shopping site. I'm looking at you Dartford, Cribbs Causeway and White City!
How the hell do you find them? I need a 3D sat nav to show that it is two floors below me.
I tried to charge at Cribbs Causeway today and couldn't find it using the Tesla SatNav. It announced that I had arrived but I really hadn't. I could see I was in the general area but there was no road to take me there. I ended up using Waze which took me to the Tesla Bristol Service Centre and I charged there.

Can anyone please tell me for future reference how I find the Tesla Cribbs Causeway chargers please? It seems really strange that Tesla Satnav doesn't take me to the correct location...

Can't say I've had a bad experience yet but not charged much outside Scotland. So far charged at:
Dundee
Perth
Newbridge edinburgh
Eurocentral
All decent sites.

Got a road trip to Berkshire tomorrow so will avoid Gretna for sure coming south and should hit a few that have been mentioned!

Can anyone please tell me for future reference how I find the Tesla Cribbs Causeway chargers please? It seems really strange that Tesla Satnav doesn't take me to the correct location..
Its the ground floor of the car park attached to John Lewis. Tesla Sat Nav took me to the top floor of the car park when I visited so was also confused.

I've pinned the entrance to the car park here:

Cribbs Causeway

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Can anyone please tell me for future reference how I find the Tesla Cribbs Causeway chargers please? It seems really strange that Tesla Satnav doesn't take me to the correct location...
I may be going there next week on a trip to Cornwall and have been planning various stops. I’ve seen reviews that say when you get there, follow the signposts to John Lewis Customer Collections (left Lane) which takes you to the lower level as per @Medved_77

Reactions: AnthonyLR
Least favourite - Carmarthen. Because after spending another 3 years in south west wales, it’s only once I leave they build an SC closer than sarn parc that would have been very useful to me. (It’s not yet finished)

Most favourite- Newark on Trent. Because I now work in the middle of nowhere in Lincolnshire which is also serviced and supported by almost no SCs. So this will quickly become my fave. (It’s also not yet built!)

Most favourite to date is Wyboston. 10 V3 chargers and a lovely lakeside hotel/golf course next to it. Charge up, grab yourself a drink and sit by the lake.

IMG_3790.jpg

Favourites: Darts Farm, Exeter and Rugby. Exeter has the weirdest layout but farm shop is great. Rugby is fast and has all the amenities, but usually very busy and the facilities are a trek and a half to get to.

Least favourite: Newport Pagnell services. Slow chargers and so far away from the services, it feels like you need to cross a motorway to get to them (including climbing a 2 ft curb)

Reactions: Doudeau and yessuz
...kind of cheating though, as its not a 'pure' Tesla SuC site, rather its a "premium" Gridserve site (Electric Forecourt) with SuC in the mix.

I agree though on balance, its probably the best layout and purpose built facility.
I've used Braintree and it's how all charging sites should be - a mix of charging options including Tesla superchargers as well as excellent facilities while charging.

Extremely impressive, Gridserve deserve support from as many EV's as possible.

20230309_112808.jpg

This one! Can't quite remember but somewhere to the north of Bonn in Germany. 40 plus Tesla Chargers, looked like at least 20 other chargers. Cover was completely full of solar panels. Great organic cafe. If all chargers could be like this! Blue car is mine.

Oh - and least favourite! Aviemore now that Tesla allow non-Tesla cars to use it. Usually full with at least two non-Teslas having great difficulty and blocking multiple chargers because their charge ports are in the wrong place.

Last edited:
Reactions: M1tch
View attachment 937989
This one! Can't quite remember but somewhere to the north of Bonn in Germany. 40 plus Tesla Chargers, looked like at least 20 other chargers. Cover was completely full of solar panels. Great organic cafe. If all chargers could be like this! Blue car is mine.

Oh - and least favourite! Aviemore now that Tesla allow non-Tesla cars to use it. Usually full with at least two non-Teslas having great difficulty and blocking multiple chargers because their charge ports are in the wrong place.
Agree on Aviemore. I came here just to have a b*tch about it. It's well hidden round the back of the hotel (our Y took us to the back of the hotel and we had to figure out exactly where it was from there which I found by luckily driving through an archway and spotting them). It was busy and non Tesla's parked at strange angles. Plus it was in 3 inches of water. Didn't fill me with confidence to stand in that whilst connecting my car. Not to mention wet feet. Admittedly this was on probably the wettest day of the year but the stalls are in a raised part of the car park so drainage really shouldn't be too difficult. Plus Tesla decided I hadn't paid for the session and messages appeared on the car and in app saying I needed to update my billing details or I wouldn't be allowed to supercharge - which was a worry as I knew I would need to on way home.
My payment details were correct and Tesla had taken the payment.andbi had to delete my details and reenter them. Which was a minor inconvenience. But an inconvenience I didn't need.
Contrast that with fort William. 6 stalls. All free. Barely had time to get from car to Morrisons (literally next door) to use toilets and back before I was at 80%

Last edited: