Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your next EV after Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I would loooooooove a 2+2 EV coupe. I like my M3P but it is the largest vehicle (footprint wise) I have ever owned. I dont need 4 doors, and only occasionally need to seat more than 2 adults while driving. If I could find something that is still relatively sporty with a 2+2 seating setup, I think that would probably be my next car. Prior to my M3P, I owned a M2 and in terms of utility, it was damn near perfect for my needs (the rear seats were big enough to fit adults when needed; trunk was sufficient.)

Last edited:
Reactions: cdub and kindofblue
Literally just reserved an R1S. By the time I get the car maybe the Sony-Honda EV will be out and I cancel that reservation because I want to be able to play the PS8 while waiting in the drive thru at In n Out. I have a Model 3P 2020 that I will trade in towards the R1S. No need for me to own two cars.

• Funny
Reactions: randmness
Trying to decide that now, or soon anyway. My Tesla will be 7 years old next month. With the long delivery times for many models, including most Teslas, I need to start doing some research, test drives, and so on if I have any hope of getting a new car before the 8-year warranty on battery and motors runs out, not to mention the end of my Extended Service Plan. Not that I expect the car to suddenly fall apart when it reaches the 8-year point.
In any case, my main goal is to get a more comfortable car. The 70D seats are torture for me, I have arthritis in my back and the low seat in the Model S makes it painful to enter and exit, so I will likely need to look for a higher, more erect seating position as well as a more comfortable seat itself. Audi seems like a prime candidate -- one review called the seats in the original ("fat") eTron "superb." I am also eager to see what the Mercedes EQE is like, although it may also be too low. Volvo has a reputation for excellent seats, but I am not so sure about its EV creds. I will have to try a tesla Model Y, too, but every review has complained about the hard ride, and my Model S is already too hard for my taste, and the Y has no air suspension to cushion the blow. The X is just too pricey, and I did not really like the seats in the loaner X I had a few years ago.
Finding a good seat is only a small part of the puzzle, of course, but it is critical for me. Wish me luck!

Trying to decide that now, or soon anyway. My Tesla will be 7 years old next month. With the long delivery times for many models, including most Teslas, I need to start doing some research, test drives, and so on if I have any hope of getting a new car before the 8-year warranty on battery and motors runs out, not to mention the end of my Extended Service Plan. Not that I expect the car to suddenly fall apart when it reaches the 8-year point.
In any case, my main goal is to get a more comfortable car. The 70D seats are torture for me, I have arthritis in my back and the low seat in the Model S makes it painful to enter and exit, so I will likely need to look for a higher, more erect seating position as well as a more comfortable seat itself. Audi seems like a prime candidate -- one review called the seats in the original ("fat") eTron "superb." I am also eager to see what the Mercedes EQE is like, although it may also be too low. Volvo has a reputation for excellent seats, but I am not so sure about its EV creds. I will have to try a tesla Model Y, too, but every review has complained about the hard ride, and my Model S is already too hard for my taste, and the Y has no air suspension to cushion the blow. The X is just too pricey, and I did not really like the seats in the loaner X I had a few years ago.
Finding a good seat is only a small part of the puzzle, of course, but it is critical for me. Wish me luck!
Look into Genesis gv60, my first impressions are most positive,- seats, cabine, interface, quality of materials and assembly; put a deposit on it. Wait time currently 3-6 months I was told. Plus $7500 credit....

• Informative
Reactions: David29
That is too bad. Was looking forward to BMW’s EV’s. I would not touch them now for at a year or so and let others be at test bed for their EV’s. Bet they have a lot of cancelations. This is the type of stuff that gives all EV’s a bad name though.
My impression was that only a small number of cars were at actual risk.

Reactions: brainhouston
I still am contemplating selling my MYP and getting in line for the i4.

Is BMW on the cutting edge of EV development like Tesla? Nope. But at least they know how to build a car with a quieter cabin and doesn’t sound like a bucket of bolts.

There are days where I think going up in flames is preferable to hearing all the rattles and creaks my MYP delivers.

• Funny
Reactions: Riguy and Sandor
I'm all ready to order an i4 40e just as soon as they add back in adaptive cruise control (only available on the M50 right now). I'm planning on a nonMsport version with few options as it's pretty well loaded as it is and I prefer rwd. It's also $10k less than a fully loaded M50.

Also have a Mach e Premium on order that's "scheduled for production".
Well it looks like the fed tax credit for EVs not made in America (which includes Canada and Mexico) is ending the end of this year and with BMW now showing any willingness to put ACC back in as an option, I've pretty much written the i4 off as a future EV.

At this point we'll sell Shannon's 2017 Volt when the Mach e comes in later this fall. It looks like they've got the HVBM contactors sorted out as you may have heard about if you follow Mach e forums.