Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your predicted loyalty to Tesla whenever replacing current car?

Whenever you replace current Tesla you anticipate...

• ...getting another Tesla!

Votes: 198 57.1%
  • ...moving on to a different EV, such as Porsche or Audi.

Votes: 127 36.6%
  • ...returning to the world of ICE!

Votes: 22 6.3%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Allow me to transfer FSD to new cars until I get what I paid for? I'll buy more teslas. If not, I'm out.

probably going to buy or lease a loaded q4 etron to replace the ICE when they come out, as an experiment with other brand EVs.

I'm already looking forward to a return to comfortable seats, and getting carplay. My only real hesitation is that I don't know what the current state of their basic autopilot equivalent is like in reality but I suppose I'll find out!

The problem with Tesla service is that with Tesla product it is unsustainable and would lead to company bankruptcy. Tesla cars are basically a very large test fleet on which Tesla does their experiments. As with any test fleet, service is very expensive to maintain so may different experimental configurations of hardware and software. That is why Tesla never made money with Model S or X which has a much higher profit per car than 3/Y. At least with Test fleets the drivers are ok with "please don't expect everything to work on the car", but regular consumers are not. Tesla's primary reason for success if Elon and his ability to sell hype and vaporware. He is the 21st century equivalent of 20th infomercial selling cars. There is a reason why no matter what he does, the board of directors is not removing him - he is the business, if he goes, Tesla tanks and its pieces get sold to highest bidders. Of course even Elon at some point may not be able to keep it up as the competition is coming, slowly but surely they are closing in.
By far the biggest example of hype and vaporware is the FSD package. Talk about total garbage this takes the cake. My Model 3 was horrible with phantom braking back in 2018 when I first bought and it still had the same problem over 3 years later when I traded it in on the Y.

Still waiting for that model 3 fleet to turn themselves in robo-taxis. It ain't never gonna happen folks. Not even close.

Still waiting for that coast to coast drive without intervention that Elon was talking about 4 years ago. Not even close. FSD is a joke by the standard Elon himself created.

By far the biggest example of hype and vaporware is the FSD package. Talk about total garbage this takes the cake. My Model 3 was horrible with phantom braking back in 2018 when I first bought and it still had the same problem over 3 years later when I traded it in on the Y.

Still waiting for that model 3 fleet to turn themselves in robo-taxis. It ain't never gonna happen folks. Not even close.

Still waiting for that coast to coast drive without intervention that Elon was talking about 4 years ago. Not even close. FSD is a joke by the standard Elon himself created.
Thank you for telling the truth -out load - front and center.

Ask me a few years ago and I would've said sure, now not so much. Love the car, hate the company and how they treat us with such contempt.

Precisely it. There are a few gripes I have about the car itself, but overall it was the best daily driver on the market at any price when I bought it. Now I find myself about a month from running out of warranty and I still haven't received the features I paid for when I bought the car, nor any significant progress towards those features, and Tesla has outright lied about what they'd be doing for early FSD buyers, so why would I reward them by buying another car?

Wow...shockingly low. Only 55%? Weird that the "would you buy that car again" surveys show such high numbers. Hope I'm not making a mistake, I've ordered and am waiting for my first. Love at first test drive.

Read the thread and you'll likely see the theme that we like the car but not the company's treatment of customers. Why stay in an abusive relationship?

That number is shockingly low, and I’ve owned two Teslas. Good luck, your tune will probably change the longer you own it…

I’m afraid of that. Tesla really needs to get service/customer service under control. They’re already losing potential customers, both new and return. Very disappointed that Tesla doesn’t seem to be taking customer service seriously, I don’t see any indication that it’s getting better.

I’m only planning on keeping the Y for 2-3 years while the EV market matures a bit. Will see how I feel after that. In the mean time hopefully the resale market doesn’t tank. There should be many more viable options in 2-3 years. Trouble is, between then and now the closest service center is 2 hours away, hopefully we don’t become good friends.

Come on, Tesla! You have a great product, don’t mess this up!

Reactions: vapor trail
Hmm, you're selling me on a Taycan. No vaporware (everything you pay for works on delivery day), but new features available if I take it in for a free update, but only if I want the new features. Yea, the full day in a Porsche loaner is a bit of an inconvenience, but the fact that I only get new features when I want them, and the manufacturer cannot nerf the car without my permission so they can save money on warranty, and features don't keep breaking, seems like a worthy tradeoff.

Ps)I heard one of the new features many liked was plug-and-charge, like with Tesla superchargers, just plug in and car gets billed. I'm hoping the Audi eTron GT has that too, as I'm waiting to see if I want one.

I went on a Taycan launch event at my local dealer this weekend. My third time driving a Taycan and it reminded me of just how much better it is as a performance / luxury vehicle than any Tesla. The price sucks but man what a car.

I’m afraid of that. Tesla really needs to get service/customer service under control. They’re already losing potential customers, both new and return. Very disappointed that Tesla doesn’t seem to be taking customer service seriously, I don’t see any indication that it’s getting better.

I’m only planning on keeping the Y for 2-3 years while the EV market matures a bit. Will see how I feel after that. In the mean time hopefully the resale market doesn’t tank. There should be many more viable options in 2-3 years. Trouble is, between then and now the closest service center is 2 hours away, hopefully we don’t become good friends.

Come on, Tesla! You have a great product, don’t mess this up!

Honestly, been driving an ICE rental this week while my Tesla is getting hail damage fixed. I can't wait to get out of the Tesla and into a better EV after this week.

Love, Love, love the Tesla drivetrain.

Hate the interior, the infotainment (no car play, bad text support), constantly laggy streaming audio.

Love the big map, the smoothness of autosteer.

Don't love TACC and late braking / phantom braking.

Honestly, if I were you, I'd get a Mach E with Blue Cruise. Unless you really need the supercharger network.

Reactions: TessP100D
Allow me to transfer FSD to new cars until I get what I paid for? I'll buy more teslas. If not, I'm out.

Pretty much where I'm at. I don't want to feel like I just threw away the FSD money I spent on both of our Teslas. I'd upgrade either my S or my wife's 3 tomorrow if I could transfer it.

Until a better vehicle from a different manufacturer comes out, I can't see myself switching to a different manufacturer EV. I can't see anything attractive about any of the other competitors out there at the moment. I hope it changes, but I think Tesla will up their game when they need to, and now isn't it.

All that said, I still love both of our Teslas. The 2017 S is the longest I've ever owned a car, and I still like it as much as I did the first day I got it. That's a first for me where the newness still has not worn off.

Pretty much where I'm at. I don't want to feel like I just threw away the FSD money I spent on both of our Teslas. I'd upgrade either my S or my wife's 3 tomorrow if I could transfer it.

Until a better vehicle from a different manufacturer comes out, I can't see myself switching to a different manufacturer EV. I can't see anything attractive about any of the other competitors out there at the moment. I hope it changes, but I think Tesla will up their game when they need to, and now isn't it.

All that said, I still love both of our Teslas. The 2017 S is the longest I've ever owned a car, and I still like it as much as I did the first day I got it. That's a first for me where the newness still has not worn off.
Sorry to hear that you purchase FSD. You were foiled by Elon. Please don’t make that mistake again. FSD will never happen Never

Reactions: tga
I'm not "loyal" to Tesla any more than they are "loyal" to me. For me, they currently have the edge in (a) charging infrastructure, (b) software stack and (c) drivetrain. If they lose that, I'll certainly look around and compare carefully. imho if they can maintain the lead in these areas and raise the quality bar then they will continue to dominate.