Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What's your top feature request that could be accomplished via software update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Dynamic ratio steering. Basically 'comfort' mode at low speeds and transitions to 'normal' or 'sport' at higher speeds.

I recently switched over to 'comfort' and found it much more effortless to turn at lower speeds but still prefer the stiffness of normal or sport on the highway.

Reactions: pipestem
SiriusXM

7 day (or at least 5/2) charge start and stop scheduling: For my TOU plan I would want to start at 12:01 AM and stop at 5:59 AM Monday-Friday. On Saturday and Sunday start at 12:01 AM and stop at 1:59 PM. Yes I want to the minute scheduling, but I would settle for 5 minute chunks.

Reactions: T3SLAROD
My May 2019 Model 3 has converted me from interested observer to enthusiastic fan. However, the opportunities for software improvements are vast, and some seem like they would be fairly easy to implement.

Top feature requests:
  • 1. Autosteer options/fixes to avoid or compensate for incompetent/rude/unsafe driving by basic autopilot
    • Option to adjust lane position relative to the center point on autosteer.
      • On divided highways with two lanes per side, I want to be able to create additional separation from other cars (right of center in the right lane and left of center in the left lane).
    • Less abrupt engagement of autosteer (eliminate or slow the swerve to autosteer's desired lane position)
    • Option to engage autosteer without TACC
      • Autosteer is often more competent than TACC. Using autosteer with TACC often forces a choice between erratic driving in the right lane (responses to merging and exiting traffic) or needless camping in the left lane (always rude, and against the law in my state).
  • 2. TACC options/fixes
  • TACC needs at least one closer setting in congested situations where traffic is still moving at close to highway speeds. As an alternative to a closer setting, TACC could sample following distances of nearby traffic to determine an appropriate following distance under the circumstances.
  • Much earlier movement from a stop with TACC/AP engaged, with at least some forward movement when the car in front starts to move.
  • 3. Improved phone integration. My 2014 BMW i3 (no carplay or android auto) was significantly better. Steering wheel activation of phone voice controls solve 90% of it. Prefacing every phone command with "OK Google" is a nuisance.
Fantasy feature request:
  • Option (at a cost of $2k-$3k) for AWD to unlock most or all of P3D motor performance and increased regen (through track mode or not) for an upgrade charge.

Option to turn off all stability/traction/regen.

Others that are needed
Either track mode on all versions or option to max cool the battery like it does on track mode on performance version.
Waze crowdsourcing into current Google Maps
Sentry viewer in car and in mobile app with cloud storage of the event that caused alert.
Live Sentry viewer from mobile app if parked and on Wi-Fi
Enable sound and video in web browser when stopped and on Wi-Fi
passenger seat controls on screen and passenger seat profiles
360 view doing the best they can with current camera positions
sizable reverse camera view
option for true one foot driving to come to a complete stop
configuable hot keys at top of screen where lock/unlock currently is
Option when in reverse to lower review cameras. I only want it some of the time and I don't want to go through three steps to do it.

1. Sentry alerts sent via text message
2. Access to all tesla cameras via app, if not full video at least stills
3. Access to all tesla cameras via dashboard
4. Video player to review sentry alerts and video recording from the dashboard "tablet"
5. Rear view tilt, I still struggle adjusting to it but that is definitely saving my wheels since I won't hit the curb. However, this creates a blind spot in the middle unless you are looking at the camera. A chime will be useful
6. Traffic view, similar to google maps
7. See internal temperature
8. Cheaper FSD

I haven't even taken delivery yet but my overnight test drive had me wishing that the Model 3 had -

-Blind spot monitoring that I didn't have to look down at a screen for. At the very least there should be more audio cues if there isn't a light in the side mirrors like every other car on the market today.
-Spotify
-SiriusXM
-Cars not "dancing" on the display when they're depicted around you
-More broad voice controls to set the temperature or other functions in the car

That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head. I think all of them will be achieved sooner or later. Overall it's a really cool car and I'm looking forward to driving it.

I haven't even taken delivery yet but my overnight test drive had me wishing that the Model 3 had -

-Blind spot monitoring that I didn't have to look down at a screen for. At the very least there should be more audio cues if there isn't a light in the side mirrors like every other car on the market today.
-Spotify
-SiriusXM
-Cars not "dancing" on the display when they're depicted around you
-More broad voice controls to set the temperature or other functions in the car

That's about all I can think of right off the top of my head. I think all of them will be achieved sooner or later. Overall it's a really cool car and I'm looking forward to driving it.

Enjoy the wait. Tips for delivery, try to bring floor mats, you don't want the floor to get dirty on your first day. Try to get any other accessories beforehand. Trunk and Frunk mats are a must.

Check it very well, I received mine with a scratched wheel and 2 scratches on the body paint. Still arranging the repair, they excuse themselves for the delay because they are delivering too many vehicles everyday. I think its BS but I'm cool... don't mind waiting as long as they fix them.

Adjustable lane tracking on AP. Sometimes, you don't want to be tracking in the middle of the lane. For example, when you live in a State with legal lane-splitting motorcycles. You want to be a little to one side or the other. Or, when it's pot-hole season, you don't want to be tracking exactly where the potholes have formed, you want to be just a little to one side or the other. Or, you're driving in the left outer lane, and you're behind an SUV, by shifting a little to the left, you have visibility to the vehicles ahead, just like radar being able to see past vehicles in front of you.

Having a way to allow the car to shift 6" to a foot left or right within the lane would be helpful in all the situations above. I typically drive in an outer lane, either left or right. That gives me a bailout lane on the shoulder of the highway, one way or the other. Because of that, i tend to drive closer to the shoulder. Having AP track right down the middle has required an adjustment in the way I drive. Having it be adjustable 6" to a foot, would solve that.

A quick toggle (near autosteer indicator?) for full time AWD drive/Regen in snowy conditions.
Actually sensible charge scheduling (end times)
More controls via phone (windows!)
Window lock should disable front passenger window as well.
Unfold side mirrors on drive select or brake pedal depress rather than unlock.
Disable resistive heater via toggle
Display repeater cam in reverse

Reactions: ivyvy