Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Whats your worst mileage? (in normal use)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For legal(ish) driving across a normal drive.

So, not the mileage when on the race track doing sprints all day, or the mileage you get in the instant you hit the acceleration going uphill in San Francisco... but when have you seen your car just EAT up power, and how much?

It seems like it would be something like in the rain, on a cold day, on the highway... but how bad is it? ( does your "normal" 330 Wh/Mi jump to 600 Wh/Mi? 1000? ) Is there a point where a 200 mile range goes to 100 mile? 50 mile?

when going up to Waimea or over the saddle, I can see 600+ for short periods and about 500 for a few miles. However, when coming back down I can see -200+ on the same stretches. speed is about 50 mph.. Our roads are bad and limits low.

The 450-500wh/mi range was pretty typical for me last February. I have a 150 mi round-trip commute. In the morning I pre-heat, but on the way home I start with a cold battery which chews through kwhs. I'd start with a 100% charge (85D) and come home with 20-30 miles left.