Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When did the "request FSD beta" button go away?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have MCU1 so I haven't been getting any FSD updates. I still have the "request FSD beta" button, although it's not doing anything at the moment. I'm on very old firmware (2022).

Can anyone tell me approximately when Tesla removed the "request FSD beta" button? I assume it was removed in a 2023 or 2024 firmware update.

Are all FSD-capable cars are getting FSD as part of each new software update now? It just happens automatically and all you have to do is turn it on in the settings?

A SUPER looooooooooooooooong time ago. In fact FSD is NOT even FSD Beta anymore and FSD is included in ALL software. Again ALL software has FSD. Even factory software comes with FSD. Welcome to 2023.

A SUPER looooooooooooooooong time ago. In fact FSD is NOT even FSD Beta anymore and FSD is included in ALL software. Again ALL software has FSD. Even factory software comes with FSD. Welcome to 2023.

Thanks. I'm guessing it was mid-2023? Do you know approximately when?

This is important for my small claims case against Tesla. I paid for FSD long ago and have been given nothing. What I'm able to prove now that v12 is in wide release is that everyone who has MCU2 and paid for FSD has received what they paid for, whereas us stubborn MCU1 owners are being held hostage for an additional $2k to upgrade to MCU2 if we want FSD (or we can just keep waiting for an indeterminate amount of time).

Knowing an approximate date at which the "request" button went away and FSD started downloading automatically is crucial.

I have MCU1 so I haven't been getting any FSD updates. I still have the "request FSD beta" button, although it's not doing anything at the moment. I'm on very old firmware (2022).

Can anyone tell me approximately when Tesla removed the "request FSD beta" button? I assume it was removed in a 2023 or 2024 firmware update.

Are all FSD-capable cars are getting FSD as part of each new software update now? It just happens automatically and all you have to do is turn it on in the settings?
11/2022

Hmm. Is the question:
- what software release stopped having a "request beta" button in it? (I think it was one in late 2022)
- what date did Tesla start pushing FSD Beta to cars who had not tapped the "request beta" button? (This I'm not sure about, but I think a fair bit more recently. At least late mid to late 2023 I'd guess)