Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When do the 2023 Vins start showing up

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fremont will have an F at 11th position. Austin an A.
2002 has an N at 10th position. 2023 has a P (they skip over O)
So far only M3 seem to be 2023 in N. America.
From earlier post it looks like Model X is also now giving 2023 VIN’s:

“According to an internal communication sent to Tesla employees on Wednesday, a copy of which was obtained by Drive Tesla, Model 3 built on or after October 4 will be a 2023 model year, while the same applies to Model X built on or after October 3.”

Just saw today our VIN assigned ending in PF587xxx, with EDD Nov. 1-10. It was originally August and kept getting pushed over and over.

LR or P? Do you know where it's built? Please report back with how it's equipped- package shelf, headlights if LR.

Finally received my VIN tonight. Model Y 2023. Austin build. OD: 1/28/22 EDD: 11/3-11/12. Delivery location: Los Angeles. MYLR / MSM / 5 / NoTow

Interesting. I thought the Los Angeles market is always fulfilled by Fremont? I'd be curious to know about the package shelf, headlights, and door panels.

Reactions: ord3r
LR or P? Do you know where it's built? Please report back with how it's equipped- package shelf, headlights if LR.

Interesting. I thought the Los Angeles market is always fulfilled by Fremont? I'd be curious to know about the package shelf, headlights, and door panels.
I agree...Is it cheaper building in Austin? My order price was $7k lower than current price. Maybe offsetting the margin? Or maybe supply issue at Fremont for non-USS materials (if that is how the car is equipped). I'll post updates on equipment once I receive the vehicle. Forgot to add: Black Int / 20" / noFSD. VIN: PA022XXX. SA also mentioned that there's a "slight hold" on 2023 VIN deliveries...Which is why my EDD (11/3-11/12) is so far out and no one has reached out to schedule delivery. Haven't received the charger coupon either. Financing is complete. Downpayment will be a cashier check on delivery.

SA also mentioned that there's a "slight hold" on 2023 VIN deliveries...Which is why my EDD (11/3-11/12) is so far out and no one has reached out to schedule delivery. Haven't received the charger coupon either. Financing is complete. Downpayment will be a cashier check on delivery.

Thanks for your reply. If/when you speak with anyone at Tesla, I'd like to clarify the delivery hold language in the purchase contract. Depending it's either 14 or 30 days from "when they first attempt to contact you for delivery". I'd like to know if that is when the VIN is assigned or when they tell you the car is ready for pickup. I ask because, in your situation, your VIN is assigned but EDD is almost a month hence, so can you still ask them to hold the car for 30 days, if your purchase contract states it so?

Reactions: steveo24 and Senpai
I agree...Is it cheaper building in Austin? My order price was $7k lower than current price. Maybe offsetting the margin? Or maybe supply issue at Fremont for non-USS materials (if that is how the car is equipped). I'll post updates on equipment once I receive the vehicle. Forgot to add: Black Int / 20" / noFSD. VIN: PA022XXX. SA also mentioned that there's a "slight hold" on 2023 VIN deliveries...Which is why my EDD (11/3-11/12) is so far out and no one has reached out to schedule delivery. Haven't received the charger coupon either. Financing is complete. Downpayment will be a cashier check on delivery.
Update: Tesla received the check from the finance company around 10am today. Received charger coupon via email around noon. Don’t know if there’s a correlation but it would make sense.