Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should I buy?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep telling myself that I am going to schedule a test drive and order/buy a LR AWD M3 with FSD.
Is there anything that should encourage me to order right now vs wait a little longer and hope for end of year sales drives that may open up incentives or anything like that?

If you buy now, after the quarter end rush, you'll likely have a better experience in the buying process, plus you'll be driving your car (which is simply amazing) sooner rather than later. If you buy later, waiting for sales incentives, you may save a few hundred bucks, but you'll run the risk of a poor buying experience. Take a look through this forum, there are quite a few "buying a Model 3 sucks, Tesla doesn't answer, doesn't care" threads, because of the quarter end push for sales. So, entirely up to you.

BTW, this car is a Model 3, not a M3. A M3 is a BMW (and a very good one at that). :)

Keith

Don't buy FSD, waste of money right now at $6K. Unless a deal comes up with FSD.

... just one person's opinion.

For me, I couldn't imagine driving on Autopilot, without auto-lane-change. Plus, now we actually have Smart Summon & Auto Park. I'm very happy to have it.

I'm planning to keep this vehicle for many years - I want it to be all it can be.

I'm in the same boat as you after getting frustrated/cold feet and cancelling my order last week. I'm not expecting much in the line of incentives in Dec since the elimination of the tax credit is what would push people to get orders completed.

However, maybe keep an eye on upcoming tax bills. No idea what you have going on in NC, but there's always that Driving America Forward federal deal. I'm certainly no expert on how or when that would be voted on. But possibly something to keep an eye on.

If you buy now, after the quarter end rush, you'll likely have a better experience in the buying process, plus you'll be driving your car (which is simply amazing) sooner rather than later. If you buy later, waiting for sales incentives, you may save a few hundred bucks, but you'll run the risk of a poor buying experience. Take a look through this forum, there are quite a few "buying a Model 3 sucks, Tesla doesn't answer, doesn't care" threads, because of the quarter end push for sales. So, entirely up to you.

I completely agree with this !!! I took delivery in December 2018, right before the full $7500 Federal Tax Credit was set to expire. Delivery day was a madhouse, even on a Wednesday. It was loud and crowded inside and it felt like I was in an Apple store. Delivery Advisor was completely overwhelmed and was not helpful at all. This all added up to a terrible delivery experience. I'm pretty confident that if I took delivery in October, my delivery would have been a more relaxed and positive experience....