Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When should I reach out to Delivery Advisor?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

mswlogo

Aug 27, 2018
NH
I’ve got a VIN ( high # 103xxx) showing in the account, I have Delivery set for Thursday morning. I’m paying cash. My Design edit is locked out.

Account keeps nagging to “pay up”. I want to bring a cashiers check so I can inspect first.

I started the process to insure that VIN.

I’d like to confirm I’m bringing a check and car is on target. That I want new EV plates etc. Correct check amount. I have one canceled order on my account I’d like that deposit applied as well. etc.

Do I wait for a call?
Start nagging by phone?
Start nagging by email?

I did try to call and email a question regarding possible wheel upgrade at delivery. And got no response last week. But I suspect they have no time for small crap and I don’t believe they will do it.

Is there a way on the account to indicate I will bring a check?

Reactions: Sg911
I'd not wait for a call if I were you. Call and speak with Sales. The Deadham delivery team's voicemail is full and they never actually answer their phone.

Sales as in folks in Natick Store or call Sales on the Main Number?

The only person I've ever been able to reach is folks at the Natick Store.

Is the assigned Delivery Advisor someone out of your Delivery Center or Freemont or India?

Try back later, as it's still close to lunch time. I've had pretty good luck calling late morning and early afternoon (2-3).

They eat lunch ?

;)

I assume I need to make prior arrangements if I want to bring a cashiers check. That’s my biggest concern. Everything looks promising except it’s hard to reach anyone.

I also dread it slipping into the weekend.

My gut feeling is to just do the wire transfer now if I don’t want to mess things up. But thats not a good position to be in, if something goes wrong.

it says "due at delivery". So at delivery it should be paid. With so many delivery issues I am not paying anything in advance. They could take money same day at the Fremont event, they would be able to do it with me on my delivery day (if it happens when they say it would, and if the car is delivered without defects). I can 100% guarantee my payment, it is secured. As another thread has shown, they OTOH cannot even guarantee driving the car a few miles without putting scuffs and scratches all around it -- if they can have it as scheduled at all, that is.

Reactions: neroden
Tesla, Inc.

Thanks.

I did read in another (recent) thread it’s Tesla Motor, Inc.

Does anyone know how long the wire transfer takes? I’ve heard some people have done the wire transfer on the spot.

The Bank is Bank Of America.

I can’t get through to anyone. I had kind of wished my car didn’t come in this month to avoid the overtaxed system.

They should have one hell of a quarter.

Thanks.

I did read in another (recent) thread it’s Tesla Motor, Inc.

Does anyone know how long the wire transfer takes? I’ve heard some people have done the wire transfer on the spot.

The Bank is Bank Of America.

I can’t get through to anyone. I had kind of wished my car didn’t come in this month to avoid the overtaxed system.

They should have one hell of a quarter.
Check with your delivery person. That is exactly what they emailed me just last week. Maybe it is different in different states? I wouldn't expect that, but you never know. If you have a local bank branch, I'd just wait until you have official word from your advisor.

I was able to reach the Sales Person that I test drove the car with. (not my delivery advisor).

He did confirm the car is in Rhode Island with an ETA to arrive in Dedham, MA Tuesday. So that all looks good.

So I think I'll wait at least another day and confirm the car is there before insuring or getting a certified check or wiring.
With luck maybe my Deliver Advisor will contact me.

What is happening is normally a Delivery Adviser calls to schedule your appointment and you can ask questions then.
Now they have Appointment Makers. That's all they do, nothing else and cannot answer any questions.

FYI, this what's making me concerned to just ignore until day of delivery.

Tesla.png
Tesla.png

I have the same message and am picking up tomorrow. Have never actually spoken to any DA. Nonetheless, stopped by the SC today and my car is there! Sales told me certified check, ACH or wire is fine at delivery after inspection.

So you just stopped by SC with no appointment to check on things? I was afraid to do that with so many delivieries happening.
It's only 45 min away for me and was thinking of doing the same, the day before.

Good luck tomorrow.

P.S. You have PUP and 19" in your signature (those are mutually exclusive). PUP implies 20" Wheels.