Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When the ACTUAL cybertruck pricing is released…,

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don’t see Tesla following Ford in pricing on any model... I also think Tesla knows that they will lose a significant % of preorders if they price the entry level truck above $70K. Consider this, the truck is easier and cheaper to make than a Model Y LR and the Y is about 60-70K. I think we see the 2 motor priced like the Y LR.

I don’t see Tesla following Ford in pricing on any model... I also think Tesla knows that they will lose a significant % of preorders if they price the entry level truck above $70K. Consider this, the truck is easier and cheaper to make than a Model Y LR and the Y is about 60-70K. I think we see the 2 motor priced like the Y LR.
sure. Tesla will sell you a AWD Cybertruck with ~300 miles of range (and a battery likely with 130kwh (or nearly 2x model Y battery capacity) for *under* $70k.
Now if you are talking about a 250 miles range AWD truck... sure. But I doubt Tesla will be selling lower margin entry level trims within the first 2 yrs if at all...

Tesla won’t need double the capacity with the 4680 cel, they will likely only need a 100kW pack to achieve the 300 mile range, so that’s like 20% larger than a Y pack. Also you have to consider margin will be = or greater than the Y LR due to manufacturing process, Mega casting and no paint... Just for reference the average price F-150 is $35k… if Tesla wants to beat all the ICE companies they must be competitive

Tesla won’t need double the capacity with the 4680 cel, they will likely only need a 100kW pack to achieve the 300 mile range, so that’s like 20% larger than a Y pack. Also you have to consider margin will be = or greater than the Y LR due to manufacturing process, Mega casting and no paint... Just for reference the average price F-150 is $35k… if Tesla wants to beat all the ICE companies they must be competitive
Does Tesla want to beat "all the ICE companies" with a $47k+ midsize sedan and a $66k sub-compact SUV? Answer is no - they are capacity constrained and rather operate with double-digit margins. Just trying to help you not be disappointed when the final Cybertruck pricing is revealed.

To me the CT 'looks' expensive and trucks usually cost more than sedans. But what if the nature of the flat stamped stainless panels combined with no paint needed results in a huge cost savings?

has Tesla passed on cost savings to the consumer thus far (deleted lumbar support, no more radar, one less speaker, efficiencies in 3 / Y production)? or is their pricing oriented what the market sustains / direct competition is priced at / demand?

Reactions: Suns_PSD
Does Tesla want to beat "all the ICE companies" with a $47k+ midsize sedan and a $66k sub-compact SUV? Answer is no - they are capacity constrained and rather operate with double-digit margins. Just trying to help you not be disappointed when the final Cybertruck pricing is revealed.
Based on original pricing YES!! Tesla wants to take market share from Ford and GM and not complete with LUX trucks! Let’s look at the closest comp in Gas form, The Raptor… what is the price the raptor starts At… $72k, this will be the path they follow… Just as they did with the 3 = to 3 series price…

Based on original pricing YES!! Tesla wants to take market share from Ford and GM and not complete with LUX trucks! Let’s look at the closest comp in Gas form, The Raptor… what is the price the raptor starts At… $72k, this will be the path they follow… Just as they did with the 3 = to 3 series price…
so people are happily paying $66k for a sub-compact SUV where the gas equivalent versions are under $50k (decked out BMW X3) ... *yet* for a Cybertruck you expect it to be comped not against direct competition but rather the gas version. Interesting.

What X3 has 0-60 the same as a MY LR? I don’t think the base X3 loaded is the same thing… I think the Macan is the direct competition..

How is a Raptor not the direct competitor?

Electric Propulsion offers huge acceleration advantages that ICE vehicles can not overcome. But then again ICE offers huge refueling advantages that EV's can't come close to matching either.

It would be silly to offer a comparison between an EV vs. ICE and to use 0-60 time as your primary consideration, particularly when most of the public doesn't actually utilize max acceleration very often.

In terms of quality, luxury, options, driving dynamics, service, etc the MY is a $32K hatchback/ crossover, nothing more. I'd add approximately another $10K in value because of the EV fuel savings over the vehicle's lifetime.

The MY compares very UN-favorably against other $70K ICE vehicles.

Last edited:
Many ICE vehicles like the Macan are performance driving vehicles. The MY is certainly not. Acceleration may be greater with an EV but handling and breaking performance are very very far second place achievements IMO.

Finally others have been noticing this too. My Model 3 is like a Corolla EV, and Model S is like a Camry EV. Model X was so bad during the test drive that after a couple of turns I was ready to park it and walk away. That chassis flex was bad. However, Model Y was pretty solid and I would compare it to a CRV.

Most of what you are paying in a Tesla is the battery. That is why a Taycan is way more expensive than a plaid Model S. They kept the interior nice that matches a $80k car. Model S is like a $35k car.

Finally others have been noticing this too. My Model 3 is like a Corolla EV, and Model S is like a Camry EV. Model X was so bad during the test drive that after a couple of turns I was ready to park it and walk away. That chassis flex was bad. However, Model Y was pretty solid and I would compare it to a CRV.

Most of what you are paying in a Tesla is the battery. That is why a Taycan is way more expensive than a plaid Model S. They kept the interior nice that matches a $80k car. Model S is like a $35k car.
I have a MYP and audi SQ5 sitting in the driveway. I go to the MYP every time just for the superior driving experience. the MYP I find super fun yet relaxing when I need it to be. The audi is nice but just a car and driving is work........not something I look forward to driving, the MYP I look for a reason to drive

With this $7500 that’s coming next year, they will definitely start at $80k for the cheapest Model
With this $7500 that’s coming next year, they will definitely start at $80k for the cheapest Model
tesla doesn't need to care about pricing at this point all they need to do it build it. The will sell every one they build no matter the price because you can't get anything else..........ford, rivian etc.....there's no competition

tesla doesn't need to care about pricing at this point all they need to do it build it. The will sell every one they build no matter the price because you can't get anything else..........ford, rivian etc.....there's no competition

Exactly ….. there’s no competition from the most selling vehicle in America 😂 … smh…. People truly are delusional around here

Exactly ….. there’s no competition from the most selling vehicle in America 😂 … smh…. People truly are delusional around here
I don't know about where you're from but there is literally zero ford lightning or rivian in Canada aside from the odd unicorn driven by a dealership owner. NEVER SEEN ONE. Everyone selling promises including tesla. If YOU can get one then why are there millions of back orders?