Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

When will I get a Model Y, if I order now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh wow.. i read something else yesterday that one article stated ACSO order Tesla to shutdown, now this one. interesting

Honestly I wouldn’t expect them to keep making cars through this and I don’t think we’ll take delivery of our Y during this mess as it’s just not that necessary and the damn DMV won’t be able to figure it out “remotely”.

It’s just a car

When do they do the credit check? I'm not familiar with the process.
they do credit check at step 4 of delivery info. Step 4 is how you want to pay for vehicle, either 1. cash, 2. loan through tesla, 3. loan through your credit union/bank.
Step1. Delivery address (where you want to pick up the vehicle from)
Step2. Registration (who car is registered to--for DMV)
Step3. Trade-in (if you have a trade in)
Step4. Payment

they do credit check at step 4 of delivery info. Step 4 is how you want to pay for vehicle, either 1. cash, 2. loan through tesla, 3. loan through your credit union/bank.
Step1. Delivery address (where you want to pick up the vehicle from)
Step2. Registration (who car is registered to--for DMV)
Step3. Trade-in (if you have a trade in)
Step4. Payment

Great info, thank you!

I put in an order about 10 days ago for Long Range white Model Y. Today paged changed to put in delivery info. Hesitating to put it in because want that 0% financing.

White exterior or interior? So weird how they build and deliver. We’ve had an order in since October for a LR AWD in grey with black interior but no notifications

EDIT: I posted the above and then checked the website and it’s asking for info! Ha

Wow, I’m getting asked to schedule a delivery already also for my January order. Can’t believe how quickly they’re getting these out! Unfortunately I don’t want the car till this summer so I’ll have to hold off....never expected them to be out now.

Wow, I’m getting asked to schedule a delivery already also for my January order. Can’t believe how quickly they’re getting these out! Unfortunately I don’t want the car till this summer so I’ll have to hold off....never expected them to be out now.
Same. Order was placed Feb 5 (LR AWD, grey ext/ black interior, 19" Gemini wheels, no FSD).

Reactions: KRG21
With Corona Virus regulations cutting Tesla staffing to 25% of normal, there is no way to estimate your time of delivery.

Best to contact sales office and see what they may have in inventory to get you one quicker.

If virus restrictions continue, there might soon be a shortage from most all the manufacturers, who have also closed their assembly plants.