Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where is the update Tesla? AP2.0 2019.40.50?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ok. I know having a later model AP2.0 build means we are just an afterthought at this point. But, when 40.2 was introduced it contained many bugs. If you cannot give us the new update at least fix the buggy 40.2 version. Here is a list of items that broke with 40.2 compared to previous updates:
  • Receiving Cruise Control Unavailable on a daily basis
  • Lost adaptive speed control from NN on sharp corner where the car used to slow preemptively prior to approaching a sharp curve. No longer does so.
  • Web browser crashes causing loss of LTE connectivity
  • Easter eggs lock display forcing a reset
All of the above were fine with the previous version.

Either fix 40.2 or upgrade us to 40.50. Come on.

P.S. I have done all the resets possible including factory reset...huge mistake. Nothing clears the issues. I have sent many reports. But still no updates for any AP2.0 vehicles reported on Teslafi. The ones reported as getting the updates are not really AP2.0.

I don't have those bugs but I'm also still waiting for the update... late AP2.0 +FSD
I considered that I might have had a bad update. But, there is no alternative other than waiting several weeks for someone at Tesla to respond to my issue. Because I am out of warranty, they would probably charge me to bring the car in just to reinstall the update. So, all I can do is wait for an update to see if it resolves.

Ok. I know having a later model AP2.0 build means we are just an afterthought at this point. But, when 40.2 was introduced it contained many bugs. If you cannot give us the new update at least fix the buggy 40.2 version. Here is a list of items that broke with 40.2 compared to previous updates:
  • Lost adaptive speed control from NN on sharp corner where the car used to slow preemptively prior to approaching a sharp curve. No longer does so.

P.S. I have done all the resets possible including factory reset...huge mistake. Nothing clears the issues. I have sent many reports. But still no updates for any AP2.0 vehicles reported on Teslafi. The ones reported as getting the updates are not really AP2.0.
I have a '17 X 100D -- AP2.0 and MCU1

Lot of older cause are not caught up yet. I'm on 40.2 still too.

10K+ users on TeslaFI.COM

x5qn95D.jpg

I have a '17 X 100D -- AP2.0 and MCU1

Lot of older cause are not caught up yet. I'm on 40.2 still too.

10K+ users on TeslaFI.COM

x5qn95D.jpg
I have Teslafi as well. If you narrow the list by S&X only, you will notice that AP2.0 vehicles have not received the 40.50 update. I hope it fixes my current bugs with the 40.2 update and I am interested in the add-on functionality. The text reading and responding would have been nice with my Christmas and New Year road trip.

• Helpful
Reactions: pilotSteve
I have Teslafi as well. If you narrow the list by S&X only, you will notice that AP2.0 vehicles have not received the 40.50 update. I hope it fixes my current bugs with the 40.2 update and I am interested in the add-on functionality. The text reading and responding would have been nice with my Christmas and New Year road trip.

If you narrow down the list to S&X then you can see that there are some that have received 40.50.X

**BUT** that is even misleading BECAUSE there are 2482 cars that now have *NO* AP version defined to them as this is now *self*reported* and not picked up on the car. HTH

Nq8BtAj.jpg

Pn6oU57.jpg

If you narrow down the list to S&X then you can see that there are some that have received 40.50.X

**BUT** that is even misleading BECAUSE there are 2482 cars that now have *NO* AP version defined to them as this is now *self*reported* and not picked up on the car. HTH

Nq8BtAj.jpg

Pn6oU57.jpg
I will clarify my statement, no confirmed AP2.0 builds have been updated. The few listed under AP2.0 are Model 3s or Ravens which clearly are not AP2.0.

I’m on 40.2.1 as well (AP2, MCU1) and was wondering why I hadn’t received the Christmas Update with the new features (the ones I could use anyway, like text messages). It sounds like there are enough people with AP2 and MCU1 having issues that they are doing some troubleshooting before pushing a new update.

Curiously, I have none of the issues above even though I’m also in the group with the old MCU and AP computers.

I tend to look at teslafi and also ev-fw as well, since the combo of both gives a good picture on firmware deployments to the fleet.

'Clarify' :)

There are various S|X 90s and S|X 100s (vs "Long Range") in that 2482 number so certainly some of those are 40.50.x installs with AP2.0.

If you look at the serial numbers in TeslaFi, I think you will see that they are almost all above the MCU1/MCU2 cutoff serials for S & X. mid/Late 080000 for X. The smallest serial I have seen for an X is 088xxx I think.

I only have the "Lost adaptive speed control" behavior, but not totally broke, just different. Not the other bugs you list, xmas dance works.

old |v2019.32.2.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|
new |v2019.40.2.1|AP2,MCU1,PUP|

I was doing the same trying to see if any MCU1/AP2.5 had 40.50. Sigh.

As for TeslaFi and the AP version, you have to tell it what version you have. The options codes have been borked for some time now especially for newer cars.

If you have TeslaFi PLEASE check your settings and set your account to match your AP version. As you see there are tons of unknown versions out there.

I was doing the same trying to see if any MCU1/AP2.5 had 40.50. Sigh.

As for TeslaFi and the AP version, you have to tell it what version you have. The options codes have been borked for some time now especially for newer cars.

If you have TeslaFi PLEASE check your settings and set your account to match your AP version. As you see there are tons of unknown versions out there.

But the VIN# in TeslaFI gives us enough information without the specific MCU/AP versions. MCU1 (and consequently AP2.0) seem to have been forgotten for xmas. We've been too naughty...