Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where oh where are the trip meters?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Gigaron

San Bruno
Supporting Member
Jan 17, 2019
San Francisco
I’ve done several searches and all of the threads that I have found tell me to perform actions they don’t exist on my MY. Even the manual tells me to go to a nonexistent menu at the bottom of the screen.

I’ve done several searches and all of the threads that I have found tell me to perform actions they don’t exist on my MY. Even the manual tells me to go to a nonexistent menu at the bottom of the screen.

The manual has the picture:

upload_2020-11-9_16-25-32.png

The part you want to swipe is labeled as "3"

"Swipe to the right or left to access: ◦ Trips. You can display distance driven, energy usage and energy efficiency starting at any time, or since Model Y was last charged. You can also display this information for up to two trips. Touch ... in the top right corner of a trip to rename or reset a trip."

There are three "cards" of information hidden at the bottom of the right touch-screen pane (below where the visualization is). The wiper control is accessed by tapping the wiper button. The other two (trips and tire pressure) you access by swiping left or right along that bottom area.

There are three "cards" of information hidden at the bottom of the right touch-screen pane (below where the visualization is). The wiper control is accessed by tapping the wiper button. The other two (trips and tire pressure) you access by swiping left or right along that bottom area.

When I swipe left I get my tire pressures. When I swipe right I get “miles since last charge” and no other options. As I said, the articles I have read show menus that are not there on my MY.

I recommend renaming a trip meter to “Lifetime” and being careful not to ever reset it.
It will be useful to keep track of your Watts per Mile.
BC9F93B6-C946-483D-BEFA-095BD308C3EF.jpeg

Did you try swiping up and down on "miles since last charge" ?
You can view any of the folllowing by swiping up/down

Thanks everyone! Swiping up and down was the missing information. And Daniellane, how do you display everything on one page? Looks like an app?
I recommend renaming a trip meter to “Lifetime” and being careful not to ever reset it.
It will be useful to keep track of your Watts per Mile.
View attachment 607057

Last edited:
how do you get this one screen which displays everything on one page? Looks like an app?
That's how it is can be displayed on the instrument cluster of the Model S and Model X. You can select which you would like displayed.

I always wondered why they don't have a Trips option available on the 3 and Y (as they do on the S and X) which would allow everything to be seen at once.