Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where, Oh Where, Is the Next Batch of Invites?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is great...

dear%20god_zpsgo87wja4.jpg

• Funny
Reactions: jsrawa
Seaside CA I got there at 6 pm on March 30th saw nobody in line so stayed at hotel and got in line at 3 am. It was lonely lol....until a Tesla owner came at 4:30 am. Never met a Tesla owner and she offered me the code for the restroom and coffee. What a nice person indeed!

Tesla needs to go better than this. According to Bloomberg they are at 1000/week and 8000 total production. But it appears that the Texas problem has bogged down the invite process. I expect that the coordination of getting cars matched up to customers is a bottleneck today. They must be stacking up cars at the car carriers and if they do not do invites promptly they will not have places to send them. How in the world will they manage 2500 a week or 5000 a week if they can't get the invites out at 1000/week..

what exactly is the Texas problem?

There’s a whole thread on it: Texas Hold Up!

I believe I’ve read that with the current laws in Texas, Tesla isn’t even able to ship the car to a buyer in Texas until all paperwork and payment has been processed, so as a result the Model 3s for Texas buyers remain in a sort of limbo in CA and do not start their journey to Texas until everything is finalized. Apologies if I have this wrong, it’s a long thread and I don’t feel like reading the whole thing.

Hah. We got trolled.

I’m a non owner in CA but I reserved at 3AM local time before everyone in line in CA because I was in Europe. My estimate says Feb-Apr after the last delay. I expect to be invited fairly early on in the non-owner queue unless SoCal delivery centers are overloaded and they skip me...

Tesla needs to go better than this. According to Bloomberg they are at 1000/week and 8000 total production. But it appears that the Texas problem has bogged down the invite process. I expect that the coordination of getting cars matched up to customers is a bottleneck today. They must be stacking up cars at the car carriers and if they do not do invites promptly they will not have places to send them. How in the world will they manage 2500 a week or 5000 a week if they can't get the invites out at 1000/week..

I don't know, that seems like an awful lot of speculation. They seem to have invited all the rest of the owners last week, which was probably a lot more than a thousand invitations.

I don't know, that seems like an awful lot of speculation. They seem to have invited all the rest of the owners last week, which was probably a lot more than a thousand invitations.

Something just isn’t right though, I know not every Tesla owner is on this forum but it seems like invites have dramatically slowed but I have no substantial proof of that either.

I can see the people who are on the privileged side can enjoy their privilege. Owners get immediate ability to order vs multi-year waits. No problems. But when money becomes the new priority, is it still ok?

I grew up on food stamps & welfare, and I drive a Model S now.

Privilege isn’t stopping you. Your ideas about privilege are stopping you.

Something just isn’t right though, I know not every Tesla owner is on this forum but it seems like invites have dramatically slowed but I have no substantial proof of that either.

I would agree. We are 7 weeks into the new year and no numbers showing up in the 10’s yet let alone nines. I doubt they are at a 1000 a week and wonder if they will get there by end of first quarter. There must be a pretty serious bottleneck somewhere yet.

Jmho

• Informative
Reactions: dm33
no new VIN registrations in nearly 3 weeks
Model 3 VINs (@Model3VINs) | Twitter

not a lot of higher VINs reported either
Tesla Model 3 VINs

I still say that if they ramped up, we'd know it by either 1000+ new VINs registered every week or huge batches of new VINs to cover a whole month. I somehow doubt they're going to hit 2000-2500 per week within the next month.

• Informative
Reactions: dm33
I would agree. We are 7 weeks into the new year and no numbers showing up in the 10’s yet let alone nines. I doubt they are at a 1000 a week and wonder if they will get there by end of first quarter. There must be a pretty serious bottleneck somewhere yet.

Jmho
My personal expectation is ~1000/wk avg for Q1 overall, so at 1/2 way thru Q1, I don't expect to see Tesla averaging at or above 1000/wk. I think they're averaging about 700-800/wk so far in Q1, depending on if the rumor is true that the factory shut down for the 1st week of Jan to give people a break after the end of year push in 2017. To make to 1000/wk overall avg for Q1, they need to average ~1200-1300/wk in the remainder of Q1, which I think it doable.

My personal expectation is ~1000/wk avg for Q1 overall, so at 1/2 way thru Q1, I don't expect to see Tesla averaging at or above 1000/wk. I think they're averaging about 700-800/wk so far in Q1, depending on if the rumor is true that the factory shut down for the 1st week of Jan to give people a break after the end of year push in 2017. To make to 1000/wk overall avg for Q1, they need to average ~1200-1300/wk in the remainder of Q1, which I think it doable.
I think they are limited to the current rate by battery pack production until the new line is installed. Probably end of quarter.