Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The suction cup think might be a solution though it would interfere with opening the window (no pano for this cowboy).

I love the Hawaiian shirt and have a closet full of 'em but stopped wearing them when I over heard the following conversation by two 30-ish (and good looking) women. "He's the old guy in the flowered shirt", "Which one? they all wear flowered shirts". Took that as a cue it's time to move on with my wardrobe... Still wear them in Hawaii, though.

I love the Hawaiian shirt and have a closet full of 'em but stopped wearing them when I over heard the following conversation by two 30-ish (and good looking) women. "He's the old guy in the flowered shirt", "Which one? they all wear flowered shirts". Took that as a cue it's time to move on with my wardrobe... Still wear them in Hawaii, though.

So true, I am an old guy and we wear flowered Hawaiian shirts here in Florida.

And its also true that more formal wear is a chick magnet (If you have a Model S at an exotic car show.)

attachment.php?attachmentid=17073&d=1361670918.jpg

Finally, after trying just about everything, I think I found a great solution for the coat hanger problem, and it doesn't involve babes in gold bikinis:)

Amazon sells these felt coated plastic hooks in black.

81h-deJrPVL._SL1500_.jpg

The easily hook over the plastic cover of the pano roof cross beam and hold beaucoup weight. Here's a not-so-good photo of stuff I picked up at the dry cleaner today hanging on one of the hooks.

_DSC4043.JPG

Finally, after trying just about everything, I think I found a great solution for the coat hanger problem, and it doesn't involve babes in gold bikinis:)

Amazon sells these felt coated plastic hooks in black.

View attachment 32993

The easily hook over the plastic cover of the pano roof cross beam and hold beaucoup weight. Here's a not-so-good photo of stuff I picked up at the dry cleaner today hanging on one of the hooks.

View attachment 32992

Still looking for a solution for us non-pano folks. Can you see if those hooks will slide into the rear seatbelt slot on the C pillar (without doing any damage) and come out easily?

NEW MOD IDEA:
I have been thinking that we could drill and attach to the pano roof crossbar (either through the plastic, or through the metal behind it? and attach a knob or a hook to hang a coat from or a hanger from...
something discrete:
Amazon.com: Liberty Hardware B59103Z-FB-C Single Prong Robe Hook, Flat Black: Home Improvement
or
Amazon.com: Hickory Hardware P427-SNB 1-3/8-Inch Tranquility Knob, Satin Nickel With Black: Home Improvement

What do you think?
Anyone know how to take of the plastic cover from the crossbar on the pano roof??
Any pictures of what underneath???

NEW MOD IDEA:
I have been thinking that we could drill and attach to the pano roof crossbar (either through the plastic, or through the metal behind it? and attach a knob or a hook to hang a coat from or a hanger from...
something discrete:
Amazon.com: Liberty Hardware B59103Z-FB-C Single Prong Robe Hook, Flat Black: Home Improvement
or
Amazon.com: Hickory Hardware P427-SNB 1-3/8-Inch Tranquility Knob, Satin Nickel With Black: Home Improvement

What do you think?
Anyone know how to take of the plastic cover from the crossbar on the pano roof??
Any pictures of what underneath???

The plastic cover isn't up to supporting any weight unfortunately. Here's a pics of when I took mine off, it just fixes using the usual plastic lugs, but any downward force would cause it to detach. I was experimenting with using a suction cup mounting, but had the same problem. You could drill through to the steel crossbar, but there has to be a more elegant solution. It's on my list of things to fix, just not made it to the top yet.

20130527_171125706_iOS.jpg

I never understood why you couldn't just lay these things in the trunk. If you were worried about things sliding around, then put a hook in the back.

All of these things hanging down and blocking your view sound like a bad idea. (And using the pano mechanism cover is asking for trouble).

I never understood why you couldn't just lay these things in the trunk. If you were worried about things sliding around, then put a hook in the back.

All of these things hanging down and blocking your view sound like a bad idea. (And using the pano mechanism cover is asking for trouble).

Most cars have hooks somewhere near the rear grab-handle, but since the Model S doesn't have those, there's not really anywhere obvious for them to go. The pano cover doesn't cover anything other than a steel cross member, there's nothing mechanical behind there, it's just a brace.

Most cars have hooks somewhere near the rear grab-handle, but since the Model S doesn't have those, there's not really anywhere obvious for them to go. The pano cover doesn't cover anything other than a steel cross member, there's nothing mechanical behind there, it's just a brace.

Still doesn't explain why people want these hooks and why they can't put things in trunk. It looks like to use these things requires opening the back door... so I don't understand why people just don't use the trunk. Just trying to understand.