Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am seriously thinking about drilling through the cross member plastic cover and steel bar. threading the drill hole and screwing in a hook of some sort.
In the meanwhile I think These can work on the pano roof as a solution for the time being.
Amazon.com - Ebest - Super Strong Suction Lock Hook Hanger, Color: Black -

I know I can lay my suit coat in the trunk, but really dont want to do that ... Thanks for the pics and keep suggestions/ideas coming.

I am seriously thinking about drilling through the cross member plastic cover and steel bar. threading the drill hole and screwing in a hook of some sort.
In the meanwhile I think These can work on the pano roof as a solution for the time being.
Amazon.com - Ebest - Super Strong Suction Lock Hook Hanger, Color: Black -

I know I can lay my suit coat in the trunk, but really dont want to do that ... Thanks for the pics and keep suggestions/ideas coming.

Those are the same hooks I've been experimenting with (originally with a 70mm suction plate for the plastic cross-beam cover, as it's textured). They'll definitely stick to the pano roof, I'm just not happy with the 'make-shift' look they give.

it actually hangs on the fabric headliner, not on the cross bar. Works perfectly for a suit coat or jacket.
IMG-20140421-00689.jpg

This must have been mentioned but I don't have the guts to sort through the entire thread -- but I have the pano roof, and... what's wrong with just hanging from the headliner? I never even thought there was a problem.... I like that there is no coat hook (or handle) up there, it's aesthetically sleek and I just hook over the headliner when I have a jacket, etc.

artsic always seems to come up with the most straight-forward method for getting anything done.

I don't wear a coat where I live. But I found these site today and I thought I would at least show it to you folks.

These look cool, but they ARE NOT cheap. http://www.teslaandmore.com/

Now, how about some comments on that CCO, huh?

Oddly I came across this site some months ago but never thought it would not have been mentioned in this thread before now. Shows you what I get for assuming! ;)

Don't do what I did and hang this on the cross bar. I put mine on the cross bar and forgot about it. Several days later I noticed a rattle that I thought was from the back. I took all my stuff out of the back and the rattle persisted! Every time I went around a corner it sounded like something sliding around in the speaker compartment of the trunk when in fact it was the hangar sliding and rattling on the plastic crossbar. Tesla came out and found it. I felt like an idiot!! Anyway, don't put it there.

it actually hangs on the fabric headliner, not on the cross bar. Works perfectly for a suit coat or jacket.View attachment 48863

I finally developed a solution I'm satisfied with. First I had Doug Pasini of Automotive Concepts line the black plastic cross bar with Alcantara to match my roof. Then he did the same with two hooks I provided. Here are a few picture of the results.

DSC_6107.JPG

DSC_6109.JPG

It now looks as close to OEM as this kind of thing can get.

artsci--bought the stainless steel hooks you recommended and have wrapped them in black electrical tape. Will install tomorrow on my wife's S70D (factory pickup tomorrow). Is it best to open the pano roof all the way to see where to hook them over the structural bar?