Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, in my case the hook is a big deal known only after the fact. I was focusing on sustainability, battery and options. I didn't ask if the car came with a steering wheel, brakes or a coat hanger. In life you come to assume certain things, it is quite startling when a given proves to be false, thus the reactions.

You put brakes, a steering wheel, and a coat hanger in the same category? That's a logic that escapes me.

Not ideal but functional. A $1500 coat hook.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366376979.404511.jpg

Elegant coat hanger solution

As my search continues for an elegant coat hanger solution, here is my latest attempt:

Hanger1.jpeg
Hanger2.jpeg
Hanger3.jpeg

The hook is large enough to go over the steel header, not just over the plastic header cover, making them strong enough for a whole load of dry cleaning, rather than just a single coat. They're available in silver, white or black in sets of four, around five bucks. (I think they're less intrusive than these photos show, and in black, maybe even more so) I got them from: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/shelving/interMetroreg/components?productId=10000990&N=13383

As my search continues for an elegant coat hanger solution, here is my latest attempt:

View attachment 21826View attachment 21827View attachment 21828
The hook is large enough to go over the steel header, not just over the plastic header cover, making them strong enough for a whole load of dry cleaning, rather than just a single coat. They're available in silver, white or black in sets of four, around five bucks. (I think they're less intrusive than these photos show, and in black, maybe even more so) I got them from: http://www.containerstore.com/shop/shelving/interMetroreg/components?productId=10000990&N=13383
My requirement is to hang a lot of clothes as we travel with nearly everything hanging... shirts, pants dresses, blouses, jackets, etc. In my ICE vehicle we had a bar that hung from one flip down handle to the other. David’s hook solution in black should work well with this 33.75 inch bar. Each metal end should fit over a hook as shown above. Clothes on hangars can be hung on the bar preferably behind the driver as to not obstruct the rear view. This may not be a solution for everyone but I believe will work well for us. Thanks David Wexler.
PICT0002.JPG

I am assuming that the weight will not be a problem with the steel header. Anyone disagree?

Took another long distance trip (1,500 miles) but his time we had our hanger solution in place. Below are a couple of pictures showing the "old geezer bar" hanging from the brackets that David Wexler proposed.
PICT0002.JPG
PICT0003.JPG
PICT0004.JPG
Believe me, those are only a few of the clothes that we had with us. :biggrin:

Porsche has a hook that goes on the back of a seat -- and it might be easy enough to install on the back of the Tesla front seat. But it would include drilling a hole in the plastic (and temporarily removing the back cover in order to install...)

Here's some part info I found online -- the first 3 items linked (the hook, a clip that goes behind the plastic on the back of the seat, and a screw). The 987/997 version has a metallic look, and there is an older 986/996 style avail in black. Looks like it would cost ~ $15 per seat in parts... Porsche 987 Coat Hook Results

Here's a pic (987/997 style first / 986/996 style second):
G99752137301D07.jpg
G99652137300A03.jpg

I suspect that the grab-handles were omitted because they interfere with the side curtain airbags. Tesla seems willing to trade away any creature-comfort feature to get better safety ratings. Personally, I would like grab handles, to help passengers during vigorous driving, to assist in exiting the car, and last and least, to provide hanging space.
I don't miss the grab handles or door hooks in my Convertible.

I won't miss the hooks or handles in my Model S when I get it.

I see the $1100 CCI still only has one cup holder. I was almost ready to order one but don't think I should compromise for $1100. I will wait until somebody figures out an optimal solution for the front floor space.

My wife found a suction cup Wreath Holder that holds 10 pounds each. It can be attached to the panoramic roof or the side windows.

Wreath Holder.jpg

Model S hanger a.jpg

It can be folded up against the pano roof to be less conspicuous.

Model S hanger c.jpg

Model S hanger b.jpg

Model S hanger e.jpg

Model S hanger d.jpg

Using two holders with a clothes hanger bar this should hold 20 pounds, but it might be prudent to go with the metal hanger approach described earlier when hanging a lot of clothes.

I have not yet tested the hanging duration on a long trip, but I would think this should work to get your dry cleaning home.

Larry

View attachment 21826View attachment 21827View attachment 21828
This looks like a clean solution, though do we know how much weight that bar can handle? It appears to be a cosmetic cover of some sort. I wonder how it's attached.

This looks like a clean solution, though do we know how much weight that bar can handle? It appears to be a cosmetic cover of some sort. I wonder how it's attached.

3 of those blue plastic push-clips (the same things used on lots of interior panels). They take a bit of force to pull them down, so a shirt or two shouldn't cause any drama, but I had a leather jacket back in the 80's that would easily pull the whole thing down :)