Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Where's the charging port?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As someone dreams that a 3-phase connector will pop out of the back window...

attachment.php?attachmentid=2319&d=1313099196.jpg

Attachments

• 3phase3.jpg
    3phase3.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 567

in the 50% chance you're being serious vs annoying:

Model S: Designing the Perfect Endurance Athlete | Blog | Tesla Motors

Where is the charge port located?

Franz: The charge port is located toward the rear of the car, on the driver’s side. The majority of charging happens at home so this is the most functional location. Similar to the door handles, the charge port door hides when not in use. It was important to me to make charging a unique experience. You’ll see on the Beta vehicles, the charge port looks nothing like a traditional fuel door.

That makes what? The 50th time now?

Model S: Designing the Perfect Endurance Athlete | Blog | Tesla Motors

Where is the charge port located?

Franz: The charge port is located toward the rear of the car, on the driver’s side. The majority of charging happens at home so this is the most functional location. Similar to the door handles, the charge port door hides when not in use. It was important to me to make charging a unique experience. You’ll see on the Beta vehicles, the charge port looks nothing like a traditional fuel door.

Hi,

I notice that Franz references a single charge port location. Since there has been a lot of advertising regarding a 45 minute charging option, I wonder if that means the port will have to accommodate multiple connector types. If so, that would result in one big ugly door. Since Franz says the charge port door hides when not in use, Nigel's comment regarding hiding it behind the tail light makes a lot of sense, particulary if multiple connectors are being concealed.

Larry