Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Blog Which Model 3 Color Will You Choose?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Time for that difficult decision – which color? It seems the “Standard” Model 3 will come in black, while five additional colors are available as $1,000 options.

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.43.23-AM.png
Standard Black

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.31.01-AM.png
Deep Blue Metallic

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.46.13-AM.png
Pearl White Multi-Coat

Screen-Shot-2017-07-29-at-9.49.03-AM.png
Midnight Silver Metallic

3_s.jpg
Silver Metallic

model-3-red-overhead.png
Red Multi-Coat

Last edited by a moderator:
We just reserved a Model 3 for me and hope to test drive one before needing to make the decision, otherwise it will be another S for us. We have a Midnight metallic MS and really love the color but don't think we want 2 of the same color. Leaning at the moment for the pearl white but haven't voted yet. I'm very much "total package" color conscious and don't like to see a patchwork of different colored parts on the interior. As it is we have the brown wood dash as a given. Our current MS has an all black interior (Carbon black fiber decor) and it cools off pretty quickly inside so I'm not opposed to going that route again. I do find the black interior to be easier on eye strain, even when wearing sunglasses, on bright sunny days which we have many here. I'll probably waffle a few times before having to make a choice.

Reactions: kenbefound
I've owned a white, blue, silver, black, and now charcoal gray car. Hands down, I want another silver ride (it just always had the appearance of looking clean). Silver Metallic for me. It's so sleek, elegant, especially with the 19" wheels and a light tint on the windows. Midnight Silver would be #2.
I too generally get silver, and the one at the launch event looked incredible but the current silver just looks flat in all the pics I've seen; it needs more depth or something.

I saw the black in person. And I saw a lot of dust and hand prints. And it wasn't even dirty.
Just took delivery of my STUNNING black 3 and now the waiting as the front half and mirrors get PPF before a lifetime warrantied ceramic coating is added. The touchless car wash a half mile away will certainly not let handprints, dust or anything last long as the hydrophobic properties of the ceramic are just as awesome as its 3D luster. I’m really looking forward to the shine the 18” wheels’ spokes will have added by the coating too since they are already shiny as hell. My coating guy is also putting the ceramic on the center cap and lug nut covers (that I put on immediately at delivery while the Tesla staff chuckled and then decided they’d do it with their own).
21EAB291-6628-4DFD-9E63-193340A2B2DB.jpeg

Having seen each color in mid day and evening light, I’m reverting back to my TR-4 days, to red. The blue was a close second. I’ve had too many white cars in my life, and have never liked black. My Leaf had mighnight silver, so no repeat of a recent color choice.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    461.7 KB · Views: 74
Reactions: Robert831
Having seen each color in mid day and evening light, I’m reverting back to my TR-4 days, to red. The blue was a close second. I’ve had too many white cars in my life, and have never liked black. My Leaf had mighnight silver, so no repeat of a recent color choice.
Not a bad car for a sixteen year old. I paid $650 for it and did all the work myself except for the actual Maaco paint job (for $59.99). I really miss that car!!

Just took delivery of my STUNNING black 3 and now the waiting as the front half and mirrors get PPF before a lifetime warrantied ceramic coating is added. The touchless car wash a half mile away will certainly not let handprints, dust or anything last long as the hydrophobic properties of the ceramic are just as awesome as its 3D luster. I’m really looking forward to the shine the 18” wheels’ spokes will have added by the coating too since they are already shiny as hell. My coating guy is also putting the ceramic on the center cap and lug nut covers (that I put on immediately at delivery while the Tesla staff chuckled and then decided they’d do it with their own).
View attachment 302423
Stunning is an understatement. I’ve always liked the look of red on Model 3 but, that black looks properly fantastic. Henry Ford once said, “you can have it in any color as long as it’s black”. Shoutout too the whole Tesla Cherry Hill team! They were amazing.

Just took delivery of my STUNNING black 3 and now the waiting as the front half and mirrors get PPF before a lifetime warrantied ceramic coating is added. The touchless car wash a half mile away will certainly not let handprints, dust or anything last long as the hydrophobic properties of the ceramic are just as awesome as its 3D luster.

Where did you get your work (PPF & Ceramic) done exactly? :rolleyes:

Had my full front end done in SunTek Ultra and Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coated...

Best of luck, but any honest detailer should tell you to expect 2-3 years for the hydrophobic properties with careful hand-wash ONLY maintenance, any more is BS or you PAID for a lifetime of maintenance.

Northern New Jersey Tint and Paint Protection Reccomendation

Where did you get your work (PPF & Ceramic) done exactly? :rolleyes:

Had my full front end done in SunTek Ultra and Opti-Coat Pro ceramic coated...

Best of luck, but any honest detailer should tell you to expect 2-3 years for the hydrophobic properties with careful hand-wash ONLY maintenance, any more is BS or you PAID for a lifetime of maintenance.

Northern New Jersey Tint and Paint Protection Reccomendation

Thanks for your concern but the 5-coat ceramic coating package I chose comes with a lifetime warranty should it lose those properties. He specifically told me the use of the touchless car wash would NOT void my warranty.

Ask for Nick should you have more questions: AO Detail - South Jersey & Philadelphia's Finest Auto Detailing