Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Color Mismatch Unacceptable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The bumper doesn't bother me, my Model 3 was the same, and it really only shows in certain light. The doors, however, would / will result in a reject for me. Before I ordered the Y, I spent a few days going between white and blue, and I still like the white better. (and being free is nice.) If blue was free, and white was 1k, I would be with blue all day long.

Reactions: raggedy
The bumper doesn't bother me, my Model 3 was the same, and it really only shows in certain light. The doors, however, would / will result in a reject for me. Before I ordered the Y, I spent a few days going between white and blue, and I still like the white better. (and being free is nice.) If blue was free, and white was 1k, I would be with blue all day long.
I am in the same boat. As long as the bumper isn't yellow. If it's just a slightly different tone in certain light then whatever. I spent some time googling white car images and a bunch of them at the same mismatch I see here which was kind of surprising to me.

I think I am going nuts here. Thoughts on the color of the doors? I cant tell if its the light green siding of my house reflecting that back or not.
IMG_8625.jpeg
IMG_8623.jpeg
IMG_8591.jpeg
IMG_8625.jpeg
IMG_8623.jpeg
IMG_8622.jpeg
IMG_8609.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_8604.jpeg
    IMG_8604.jpeg
    640.5 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_8594.jpeg
    IMG_8594.jpeg
    529.3 KB · Views: 32
I think I am going nuts here. Thoughts on the color of the doors? I cant tell if its the light green siding of my house reflecting that back or not.View attachment 586374 View attachment 586375 View attachment 586379 View attachment 586374View attachment 586375View attachment 586376View attachment 586377
Honestly, maybe I am just bad at colors, but out of all of the "My doors don't match" posts I have seen, not one of them has stood out to me as mismatching... The bumper I can see way more. What exactly is wrong with the doors?

@Balthezor your doors do look like a different shade. We've certainly seen worse though.

my friend's MY has the shading correct on his doors, but he has splotchy paint (thin spots).

I'm getting closer and closer to changing my order to MSM

Note around the 1:20 mark. This is how a car is supposed to be painted in the factory. Doors are on and it's getting an even spray from the robot. I read in another post that Tesla does paint the car with the doors on, but they might be removing them and playing musical doors for some reason.

There is NO way in HECK that Tesla is spraying the car with the (same) doors attached. The variances are too great and too common to have me believe for one second that the cars are being painted with the doors attached. The other poster who said they are removing the doors and reattaching them would make some sense, but why oh why would you NOT put the same doors back onto the car you just took them off of????

Last edited: