Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

White Interior Change Order by Email

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I made the change on July 27, I had no edit button. After calling customer service, they sent me an email that I dutifully filled out to affect the change. To date, my account page has not been updated. Inside Sales has said all kinds of things to me ranging from "I see it in your account and the change went to the factory" to "I don't see it, please fill out this change order email." At this point, I won't be doing that! I can't get a straight answer. What are other people's experiences?

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
Same. I went from AWD to Performance via email request on the 1st. August 10th nothing. I opted for using back door into edit page online and changed it that way. I got MVPA email and called today to make sure we were good and they could see performance on their side as well.

Not sure if it’s affecting my order in any way. Original order went in july 7th near 50 days since with no contact. I was a reservation holder. Late at that but had a reservation

It took about 2 weeks after I placed my email change order before I got a confirmation email and my account was updated to reflect the change. I did have them verify initially that my change request email was received and they mentioned that it had been, but the people who are processing it are backed up.

Surprisingly, I got a call 2 weeks after my change request was handled that my car would be ready for pickup on 31-Aug-2018 (which is also reflected on my order page).

• Informative
Same. No edit button so I called Tesla early in Aug and they sent me an email and made the change. (Maybe Aug 6?). As of today (and 3 calls to Tesla - “we are very behind...”) the change still has not been reflected in my on line account. Very disappointing. How hard can it be to update a change ?

• Informative
It took about 2 weeks after I placed my email change order before I got a confirmation email and my account was updated to reflect the change. I did have them verify initially that my change request email was received and they mentioned that it had been, but the people who are processing it are backed up.

Surprisingly, I got a call 2 weeks after my change request was handled that my car would be ready for pickup on 31-Aug-2018 (which is also reflected on my order page).
I'm almost a month out with no change confirmation at all, only the inconsistent comments over the phone.

• Informative
I'm almost a month out with no change confirmation at all, only the inconsistent comments over the phone.
Maybe it's based on your original reservation date, because I was a Day 1 reservation holder (with previous Tesla purchase). That's why I think they sped up the car delivery too, even though my estimated date was changed from Sep-Oct to Nov-Dec after the change.

I dunno. I guess aI don't really mind that my page is has not been updated. It's kinda cosmetic. My concern is whether the factory knows what my configuration is and that I'm matched to the right car...whenever my number comes up. This is where I'm getting responses all over the place.

I booked mine on June 24th and I think I am a 2nd day reservation holder. 2 days later I updated with dual drive and later white seat. But received all email confirmation and also the contract was immediately updated. May be some website issue for affected people. But I still didn't receive a VIN. On the phone they said 2 to 4 weeks. And it's now 4 weeks.

I just got off the phone with a helpful lady named Kyra. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for but I think I finally understand how it works. When you put in any order modification, the entire order gets hung up until the Owner Operation Services Department makes the modification to the order. Once that occurs, they can then match you to a car. Despite having my case escalated two weeks ago, that hasn't happened yet. They really are backed up. She said that, no matter what anybody says, if you modify your order, it will cause a delay. At any point in the order. That's because it has to be processed and there is a queue for that.

A question that occurs to me now as I write this is whether going through the edit button would be automatic - and thus faster?

• Informative
I just got off the phone with a helpful lady named Kyra. I didn't get the answer I was hoping for but I think I finally understand how it works. When you put in any order modification, the entire order gets hung up until the Owner Operation Services Department makes the modification to the order. Once that occurs, they can then match you to a car. Despite having my case escalated two weeks ago, that hasn't happened yet. They really are backed up. She said that, no matter what anybody says, if you modify your order, it will cause a delay. At any point in the order. That's because it has to be processed and there is a queue for that.

A question that occurs to me now as I write this is whether going through the edit button would be automatic - and thus faster?

This is what I did. But I fear since it’s a loophole that my order is still in a holding pattern since the team that makes the change hasn’t even gotten to my request.

I got updated MVPA when I edited online but going to Performance I expected much faster movement than I’ve gotten. I’ve seen on tracker people after me get vins. Of course I know it’s based on various factors. Config date being only one of them.

Has anyone gotten the call after editing via loop hole edit ?

Same. I went from AWD to Performance via email request on the 1st. August 10th nothing. I opted for using back door into edit page online and changed it that way. I got MVPA email and called today to make sure we were good and they could see performance on their side as well.

Not sure if it’s affecting my order in any way. Original order went in july 7th near 50 days since with no contact. I was a reservation holder. Late at that but had a reservation

Something else I was told is it also raises cost and penalty. There is no backdoor despite the titillating sound of it.

• Informative
Reactions: Sagedaddy
Can anyone help a 70 year old lady who can’t wait to get her tesla. I put my reservation in 3-17. Conf. It 6-18, with all wheel drive, long battery, anyone get theirs with a res after mine? I Call tesla, no idea when I can get it. Frustrated!!!

I would suspect you'd likely get your vehicle between September and before November based on your details as long as you don't make any further changes.

How is it possible that they are so backed up? It should be an incredibly simple change for them to make and for it to be taking two weeks to a month to get to someone’s change is ridiculous.

It sounds like a problem on how they're processing orders. My experience is, while it sound simple to the customer, it may be far more complicated on the back end.