Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who has received a call/email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did not reserve. Wife and I had been thinking about getting one. We went into the local Tesla store on August 5 - my wife loved the M3 immediately and placed an order right there. Last Thursday she says she got a voicemail about arranging delivery.

I have mostly been a Porsche guy, I’ve had nine of them plus a couple of Lotus. But getting a little older and where we now live, northeast Florida doesn’t have many great driving roads like I was used to in CA and VA. Plus I now have a 70 mile daily commute so we wanted something more comfortable for that plus roadtripping to see family in South Florida. So two weeks I sold my 911. We considered both an M3 and a CPO MS but within a minute is sitting in the M3 my wife was done and said this is it.

• Love
Reactions: Sg911
Have you received your car yet? I reserved on 3/10, ordered an AWD, white seats, white paint on 7/27. On 8/8, I received a call from Tesla letting me know they received my order and are working on the contract. My delivery still shows Sept-Nov.
I havent received my car yet. I have been contacted from TESLA and they are working on my Order. Its been around 2 weeks and they are working on my Order/paperWork. My delivery date has been changed to Aug-oct

Did not reserve. Wife and I had been thinking about getting one. We went into the local Tesla store on August 5 - my wife loved the M3 immediately and placed an order right there. Last Thursday she says she got a voicemail about arranging delivery.

We considered both an M3 and a CPO MS but within a minute is sitting in the M3 my wife was done and said this is it.

JJ - if your wife was sold by sitting in the car DONT let her take it for a test drive. Once she drives it each day you wait for delivery will seem like a year! I have had mine 3 days.....my wife was a bit cold about getting the M3, but she drove it yesterday and has been my co-pilot for each drive......probably just a matter of time till we order another one!

Just got the call today.

No reservation, non-owner
Original Configuration Date: 7/23 (AWD)
Modified to Performance with everything except FSD: 7/31
Edit link went away: 8/17
Call to arrange pickup: 8/20
Pickup date: 8/23 @ Fremont
VIN: 74XXX

Just got the call today.

No reservation, non-owner
Original Configuration Date: 7/23 (AWD)
Modified to Performance with everything except FSD: 7/31
Edit link went away: 8/17
Call to arrange pickup: 8/20
Pickup date: 8/23 @ Fremont
VIN: 74XXX

Is this not something of an anomaly? Seemed to me like they were still working through early reservation holders on the P3D+

I was assigned a vin number a few days ago.
VIN : 42XXX
tentative Pickupdate : 9 /15- 9/23

I am not sure what batch this VIN belongs to. Is it something lately?

With 42xxx-
Either late June with the end of quarter rush for 5000/wk or early July

upload_2018-8-24_8-2-50.png

I see posts that say: “edit button disappeared.....”. What’s the significance of that? Does it mean the car is in line to be built?
You could get a call or email within a week, or not. You could have an ISA or IDA (whatever they call themselves these days) or a VIN.

You could be getting impatient and just break down and call the sales line and wait for an hour. They MAY give you some information, sometimes you get a really helpful one on the line.

2nd delivery date on 3rd VIN is 7 days away for me so I've done all of the above.

See signature line below for all my dates for comparison, I'm in Texas so VIN to delivery times tend to be longer.

Thanks for Information. Hoping this one wouldnt have any defects when i take delivery. Fingers crossed.

Review what other buyers have done. Enough faults and you can refuse delivery. Basically, you should wait to pay for the car to inspect it. Many of refused delivery and I guess, maybe, they try to get someone else to buy it if they don't notice the issues. Who knows where refused deliveries go. Loaners/Demos?

Reactions: vzaitsev