Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is planning to hold off buying cybertruck for months after official release?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given model y pricing drop by few thousands dollars just after 3 months of first release, most likely cybertruck will follow the similar pricing strategy. Who is planning to hold off purchase until first price drop aftet cybertruck it is release?

Don't plan on it personally. Should be in the first 2500 or so if RN#'s mean anything. From my experience they mean little.

I truly enjoyed driving around for a good 7 or 8 months talking to people about my 3 before they started appearing. Gave tons of test drives. Yeah I paid some more than if I waited, but it was lots of fun. I assume the truck will be the same if not more when it comes to shock factor.

Tesla Cybertruck Pricing Needs To Improve, According To Marketing Company Saw this, but they are kind of talking differently.

Just depends if the demand is off the charts, how much production is there year 1? Could see things differently on if you pause on the initial configuration. Who knows at this point.

I expect to wait. I already have a Tesla so it's not that CRAZY interest that I had back in 2016-17. I'll wanna sit in one and see what people's experiences are with towing range. I know I could buy the 500-mile unit, but it's $20K more. I would HATE it if I bought one of the first units and it didn't have the fold-down rear seats, and then it becomes an option. I want to close the vault and fold down those seats to make a large bed locked and out of the weather. I am excited to see what accessories come out too.

side note: Model Y (from Sandy Munro examinations) shows the rear 1/3 of Model Y redesigned from hundred parts (spot welds, rivets, bolts nusts washers dozens of stamped parts) => two castings + two brackets + dozen bolts (?) So Tesal did/is saving costs & assembly labor. (Takes a few months to verify at the factory that savings are just how much?)

Tesla actually passes savings down to customers. Drives Wall St. (investor types) nuts as all these investors WANT these savings to be passed on to them as increased earnings. And my bias, I don't like this investor attitude one bit.

Reactions: Superendo
the lease on our model X ends in September 2022. I plunked my 100 the day after the release, so assuming that the first trucks roll off the plant at the end of 2021, early 2022, I figure that the lease expiration and truck availability should line up pretty well.

how do you know you are 650k th in line?.

Using an estimator and data from another website. Not sure if i can link it here.
Cybertruck reservation order number -- how to tell your place in line
Your order numbers is just a sequential number, starting at about 112744100 (the number that reservations began). So subtract that from your number for your (approximate) place in line. Keeping in mind the rollout will be regional, so your position in line is only good for your rollout region.

I ordered 4/17/20. RN113388462

After the experience of getting one of the first Y's, I will probably hold off for 6 months or so if my order is filled that early. Between the car sounding like the interior is rattling apart at times and nearly having to put it on a flat bed 250 miles into a 1000 mile road trip, my enthusiasm for being first has waned.

• Informative
Reactions: tren01t