Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who is waiting for a LR MY MSM?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi. My EDD was 7/29 yesterday and today is 8/20. I also got an email from Tesla last night, telling me to expect an early September delivery.

and being on the west coast can actually bode well for you. i've read in these forums where tesla has cancelled east coast vins and assigned them to calif customers because the company could deliver cars quicker and count them as orders as the quarter ends. it could be a rumor but if it's on the internet, it has to be true....

I wanted to add a THUMBS DOWN for your first part and then a THUMBS UP for the second part and then a LAUGH for the end. ;)

Reactions: ZeroG and meshbiz
I've wondered if there is a shortage in paint supply chain and thought about asking SA to match to a blue or black if it came up. But I have concern about even whispering about anything to SA will cause backend ripples to EDD and set me back months.
My SA mentioned as speculation that this might be the reason for the delay in MSM 6 weeks ago to me. Not the definitive answer you’re looking for but would explain deliveries of the other colours.

My SA mentioned as speculation that this might be the reason for the delay in MSM 6 weeks ago to me. Not the definitive answer you’re looking for but would explain deliveries of the other colours.
Thanks yes I am curious as I have a gold SUV and that was bought around the time a Tsunami hit somewhere the paint was produced. It was impossible to find this car back then, I'd hate to be in that spot now and not know it. I'd gladly change colors.

Reactions: David1oh
Thanks yes I am curious as I have a gold SUV and that was bought around the time a Tsunami hit somewhere the paint was produced. It was impossible to find this car back then, I'd hate to be in that spot now and not know it. I'd gladly change colors.
I was less inclined 6 weeks ago (I was offered a blue one instead), but given the wait and the fact that my (meaningless) EDD online got bumped to October from July 23 yesterday, I’m starting to consider the black 🤔

Reactions: Sw3rv3c1ty
October crew unite! How did that conversation start about different colors?
My original EDD was June 5, which got moved around plenty of times. I’ve got a great SA and she was pretty open about the information she has, and the information she doesn’t. She noticed a lot of blue, red, and whites were being delivered and she saw the queue I was in for a VIN assignment continually get pushed out. She speculated about the paint supply shortage and offered she could easily reassign me to a blue, red, or white MY if I wanted.

At the price point of the MY, I’d told her I’d rather wait. She offered that if I changed my mind, she’d set me up. Unfortunately, the other colour I’d consider is black and there haven’t been too many of those as well. I’m going to find out this week what colours are coming in so will report in once I hear back.

My original EDD was June 5, which got moved around plenty of times. I’ve got a great SA and she was pretty open about the information she has, and the information she doesn’t. She noticed a lot of blue, red, and whites were being delivered and she saw the queue I was in for a VIN assignment continually get pushed out. She speculated about the paint supply shortage and offered she could easily reassign me to a blue, red, or white MY if I wanted.

At the price point of the MY, I’d told her I’d rather wait. She offered that if I changed my mind, she’d set me up. Unfortunately, the other colour I’d consider is black and there haven’t been too many of those as well. I’m going to find out this week what colours are coming in so will report in once I hear back.
Well, here's what my SA shared with me today:

"We are starting to see VIN assignments for all types of configurations, nothing really to do with color for our July/beginning of August batches. I can see the factory recognizes your order and your vehicle is in the queue for productions however we do not have an exact timeline for you until they build your Tesla and give us a VIN#."

The wait continues... 😀

Well, here's what my SA shared with me today:

"We are starting to see VIN assignments for all types of configurations, nothing really to do with color for our July/beginning of August batches. I can see the factory recognizes your order and your vehicle is in the queue for productions however we do not have an exact timeline for you until they build your Tesla and give us a VIN#."

The wait continues... 😀
SAs manage to say so little with so much. 😂

MYLR | MSM | Black | 20" | 5 seat | With Tow | ordered 06/01/21 EDD 09/13- 09/20…….. losing my mind!
1628827223214.png

Reactions: dyau
Finally got my vin earlier this week, after waiting since 2/26. Edd was slowly pushing out past sept too. Finally had enough and got it properly escalated (not through SA. Was msging my SA every other day and went nowhere).

So what did you do to escalate it?
@dyau Please do share! I’ve been waiting since March 27 with same (bad) luck on the EDD. Did you talk to the supervisor at the SC?

@dyau Please do share! I’ve been waiting since March 27 with same (bad) luck on the EDD. Did you talk to the supervisor at the SC?
internally, tesla has a few tiers of priority. i have a friend working at corporate that was able to put me on the highest tier. super powerful- went from sept edd to matching a vin the same afternoon. (sorry to whoever i bumped out 😂)

tesla SCs should also have access to the tool, but at least in my experience, they never did anything with it for me.

• Informative
Reactions: PNWLeccy
internally, tesla has a few tiers of priority. i have a friend working at corporate that was able to put me on the highest tier. super powerful- went from sept edd to matching a vin the same afternoon. (sorry to whoever i bumped out 😂)

tesla SCs should also have access to the tool, but at least in my experience, they never did anything with it for me.
Thanks for the tip! I’ll see if I get a VIN on their “promised” Aug 16th date. If not, I’ll reach out the the SC manager and test this out!