Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who ordered a Tesla Model Y without test driving one first?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I hate the dealership model so much that Toyota's loyalty to it killed off the only real competition for me, the hybrid RAV4. After that it didn't matter how the Model Y drove. I steeled myself for the inevitable work in my garage fixing everything Tesla quality control missed. But it was worth it. So yeah, I had never driven or even ridden in a Tesla before the day I picked up my Long Range Model Y almost a year ago.

Reactions: BillyG2022MYP
the MYLR will be my daily driver so I'm not too worried, never driven one or sat in one, hope to get mine this month.

Changing my daily from a 2018 Prius to a MYLR and my fun car that I like to drive is a 991.1 911 C2S :)

Yep. Though we were originally told 6 to 8 weeks, we had the car in like 2. I guess it's months now?

It's good for my stock value, but so much for buying a second car!
Yeah, I’ve been eyeballing a second Model Y to tide me over until CT is out, but at these prices I can just wait and get by with minimal milage on our Subaru.

I ordered my MYP WITHOUT test driving one or even getting a ride in one. My purchase / order has been solely based on my own research, You Tube videos, this forum and of course my current Toyota Land Cruiser getting between 10 - 12 MPG. Just curious how many of you put down a deposit and ordered one without even being in a Model Y. Not interested in if you have been in a Model 3, Model S or X.
You won't be disapointed!!
Awaiting my second one.

I ordered my MYP WITHOUT test driving one or even getting a ride in one. My purchase / order has been solely based on my own research, You Tube videos, this forum and of course my current Toyota Land Cruiser getting between 10 - 12 MPG. Just curious how many of you put down a deposit and ordered one without even being in a Model Y. Not interested in if you have been in a Model 3, Model S or X.
i ordered mine in February, 2020, and got it in June, 2020. When I went to Tampa to get it, it was the first time I actually saw a Model Y and it happened to be the one I ordered. I had visited a display a few months earlier with a Model X, S, and 3 but only sat in the S and 3. I never drove or rode in a Tesla before getting the Y. I bought it based on reading articles and forums. I have absolutely no regrets. I appreciate the car more the longer I have it. It is at 16,000 miles now and trouble free after 19 months.

I had only ridden in a 3 before getting my Y. With the 19" wheels I figured it would soften any ride concerns others have had, but I'm really not perceptive enough on those differences with other vehicles. The biggest thing about it is the regenerative braking and lack of creep (by default).

No test drive. Drove a MX and MS before however. Picked the MY up and got on the expressway, let the cameras finished calibrating and then used AP to drive home. Got stuck in traffic and AP worked perfectly in dense traffic.

Same here. Never had been in a tesla when I put my order in.

I had a model 3, test drive the Y, sold my 3, pick up my Y in 10 days. The Y size height better site lines, 7 inch bigger door entry as I am 6’ 5, hatchback vs trunk were all the key reasons I switched

I had my 2008 Infiniti and didn't even think to upgrade my car. Just was curious to see how teslas drive and scheduled a test drive for the fun of it. As soon as the test drive was over, i was sold because i instantly hated my old car when got back in .