TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

Who plans on getting a true, base $35k Model 3?

Discussion in 'Model 3' started by bro1999, Oct 21, 2016.

Tags:
?

What trim level Model 3 do you plan on ordering?

1. Barebones 3

20 vote(s)
    9.8%
  2. Fully loaded 3

35 vote(s)
    17.2%
  3. Somewhere in the middle

149 vote(s)
    73.0%
  1. bradbissell

bradbissell Member

Basically I need a good winter driving car since I live in New England. So I need:
    AWD
    Bigger battery
    Cold weather

Might want:
    Better audio
    Glass roof
    Metallic paint

Autopilot actually freaks me out so I'm not sure I'd go for anything more than the basic version.

Don't want to prepay for super charging. I'd prefer to pay as I go.

2. K-MTG

K-MTG Sunshade Captain of TMC

I won't invest too much on the M3, it will be the 5th car and I already have my X to play with. But I do want the self driving

3. CarlitoDoc

CarlitoDoc Member

35K M3? Yeah....when pigs fly, the car will be at least 45 with "basic" options. $10 K alone for AP2.....Hello !!!!!

• Disagree x 4
  4. Sonny Daze

Sonny Daze Member

Wow... we've come so far so fast that level 4/5 autonomy is now considered a basic option. ;)

• Funny x 3
    • Like x 1
  5. Ashkenaz

Ashkenaz Member

My S is pretty much fully loaded, so I might go barebones with the 3. I I do regret not having the UHF sound in my S, but I'm leaning towards having nothing except AWD... maybe suspension :)

6. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

Definitely:
    • Upgraded paint (dunno which one, but not white or black)
    • Base wheels (unless they're ugly, but definitely not low profile ones)
    • Ultra white seats
    • All glass roof
    • Winter package
    • All wheel drive
    • Base Auto Pilot (probably full autonomy activated later when I know it has passed regulatory hurdles - and I still plan on having the car for a long time)
    Maybe:
    • Tow package
    • Upgraded audio
    • Premium package
    Depends on final option pricing, and my bank account, compensation, and portfolio, and how much of a mid-life crisis I'm having:
    • Performance, and maybe Ludicrous
    • Bigger battery and/or supercharging, presumably included/required for performance

7. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

No. No... Ludicrous is first. LOL

8. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

AM radio? You have to at least order an AM radio.

9. Garlan Garner

Garlan Garner Banned

I want everything but a Tow Package. However I'll buy the tow package if its going to get my car here faster.

10. Bennny

Bennny Member

Can't answer the question until pricing is released. If fully optioned is around $70k USD ($130k AUD), then yes, fully optioned.

A vehicle that can drive itself across the country, do the 0-100 dash in ~3 seconds, all off solar power. What a time to be alive!

11. Model 3

Model 3 Active Member

What I will get will depend on the price and the exchange rate at the time. But here is the primary options that I think I will consider:

12. DJ 240V

DJ 240V Member

I'm looking for a second electric car. A base model of M3 will be far superior than anything that is currently available . Hopefully there are more options in 2017!

• Like x 1
  13. Dan Detweiler

Dan Detweiler Active Member

Don't you have anything better to do? Of course there will be a 35K car, and a pretty nice one to boot. You're going to gripe about having to pay for options? What did you expect? Priced anything else on the market? You can get a $55K Corvette too but how many people choose the absolute base car? Trolling up the wrong road here.

Dan

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  14. ratsbew

ratsbew Member

As others have said:

1. Full Autopilot
    2. Biggest Battery
    That's all I want. My parents' house is 10 hours away and I just want to hop in my car in the evening and arrive there in the morning after sleeping and auto-charging.

• Like x 2
  15. Foxhound199

Foxhound199 Member

Since a couple people have mentioned the federal credit, I'm curious what options people think will reshuffle them in the queue? I'm assuming performance versions go first, but do you think smaller options will make a big impact? How about selecting autonomous vs not?

16. Ashkenaz

Ashkenaz Member

I agree with Dan. When you look at dollar for dollar, 35k is an amazing price for this car and worth it.

• Like x 1
  17. ccutrer

ccutrer Active Member

Judging by Model X - performance, large battery, then seating arrangement (not applicable to a 3 -- that we know of), seat material, and premium package. But be warned if you start out early in the queue and they have problems building your car, it may get set aside for who knows how long to be reworked. Also, any option that might seem unimportant could temporarily cause delays, like if they run out of or have production issues with a certain paint color.

18. david_42

david_42 Member

Assuming the Model 3 CUV happens, about all we are interested in is adaptive cruise control and collision avoidance. I expect the latter to be standard. 215 miles puts us anywhere in the Portland metro area and back. We could drive to Seattle and recharge over-night. My wife would probably be willing to spend a bit to get a blue one.

19. boiler81

boiler81 Member

My priorities are:
    • AWD
    • Bigger Battery (need 250+ mile range)
    Would like to get:
    • Autopilot basic (I only budgeted $2500 for autopilot upgrade, boy did I miss that:()
    • Red Multicoat paint
    • Pano Roof
    • Next Gen seats
    Need to keep budget below $50K, and I'm not spending $8K for full autonomous driving until I'm too old to drive.

20. Snow Drift

Snow Drift Slip Start: [Activated]

I'm a Subaru WRX guy, I just need...

AWD
    Navigation
    SiriusXM
    Front Heated Seats

I assume AWD will automatically bump the price to "somewhere in between."