Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who Scored the best deal during the Firesale? $46k Perf. Model 3 (Spreadsheet)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla’s inventory site defaults to 50 miles when it doesn’t have the actual mileage. I will bet a lot that none of the cars listed as 50 miles will be delivered with 50 miles. I chose a heavily discounted Perfomance model 3 because it had 50 miles. It was delivered with 1100... I assume the sales guy knew that but didn’t want to scare me away. Oh well. Love the car!

Bob

what did you pay?

Tesla’s inventory site defaults to 50 miles when it doesn’t have the actual mileage. I will bet a lot that none of the cars listed as 50 miles will be delivered with 50 miles. I chose a heavily discounted Perfomance model 3 because it had 50 miles. It was delivered with 1100... I assume the sales guy knew that but didn’t want to scare me away. Oh well. Love the car!

Bob

How long did you wait for the car?
One can assume the bigger the discount the more miles. The reason I ask how long you waited is because there is absolutely no reason not to know the mileage. They should be able to get all that info when they ping the car..

I had 3k on my LR and I’m extremely happy with my 18% discount before 6250 state/fed

Last edited:
Hello all,
I am about to pull the trigger on an inventory LR AWD Model 3, but wanted some second opinions. Cost is $49380. It has 1950 miles on it, color is blue, 19" sport wheels, black interior, and autopilot. Showroom adjustment is $5120. Is this a good deal that others would jump on? What are some things I should ask them before buying?

Hello all,
I am about to pull the trigger on an inventory LR AWD Model 3, but wanted some second opinions. Cost is $49380. It has 1950 miles on it, color is blue, 19" sport wheels, black interior, and autopilot. Showroom adjustment is $5120. Is this a good deal that others would jump on? What are some things I should ask them before buying?

That’s good and inline with most discounts pre Q1 end push

Reactions: SoCalLawyer
Awesome! Any reason to worry about the amount of miles on the car and how that would affect interior and tire wear and tear?
That's a good price. That might seem like some miles considering you were after a 'new' car, but that's a drop in the bucket. If you are happy with the physical condition, you may just be getting a discount to take a car someone else already had some of the bugs worked out of. I would ask service if they can send you any repair orders on that VIN so you can see if they had to do body work or something that might turn you off, but other than that it sounds like a fair deal. Better than my August delivery that is for sure.

How long did you wait for the car?
One can assume the bigger the discount the more miles. The reason I ask how long you waited is because there is absolutely no reason not to know the mileage. They should be able to get all that info when they ping the car..

I had 3k on my LR and I’m extremely happy with my 18% discount before 6250 state/fed

Yes. That’s why i dug into why it was so heavily dscounted with “50” miles by comparing to other similar cars with different mileages. We settled on the August build date as the reason. I liked the discount and 9 days later when I took delivery it had 1100 miles on it. So I assume that the 50 mile number in the inventory site is a default and every car with 50 on it has more miles than 50... based on my data point.

Bob

Awesome! Any reason to worry about the amount of miles on the car and how that would affect interior and tire wear and tear?

I wouldn’t. You will double those miles on the car just from test drives with your friends in no time. Did you notice any wear and tear on the test drive cars in the showroom? The usually have a Model X with white seats that lots of mall rats crawl all over for hours every day and I never notice much wear on them.

You can always refuse delivery if you see something you don’t like.

Just get it and enjoy it!

Yes. That’s why i dug into why it was so heavily dscounted with “50” miles by comparing to other similar cars with different mileages. We settled on the August build date as the reason. I liked the discount and 9 days later when I took delivery it had 1100 miles on it. So I assume that the 50 mile number in the inventory site is a default and every car with 50 on it has more miles than 50... based on my data point.

Bob

Interesting - hopefully they give you a good answer as to why. I understand your dp but I haven’t seen that happen before. Definitely ask for something as that’s not what was agreed upon.

Tesla merch for example

Hello all,

Not a bad adjustment but I'm sure it will get better at end of quarter push again. For reference I got a blue Model 3 performance with white interior and autopilot and only 9 miles on it for $7700 off. Price was $57,300.

• Disagree
Reactions: DCEV
Just talked with the local store about what discounts could be had now on a 2018 given the crappy quarter numbers. I thought maybe I could score a car with some of the numbers I've seen in this thread. Their answer was NO DISCOUNTS at all, even on the 2018's left in inventory! Good luck with Q2 if that's the approach they're going to take.

Just talked with the local store about what discounts could be had now on a 2018 given the crappy quarter numbers. I thought maybe I could score a car with some of the numbers I've seen in this thread. Their answer was NO DISCOUNTS at all, even on the 2018's left in inventory! Good luck with Q2 if that's the approach they're going to take.
the discounts were for the q1 push. asfaik the wide sales have ended after q1.

Did you have them pull up the Model 3 inventory website?

I guess I'll wait until June to see what I can do.

Regarding the inventory website, he looked at something, not sure what it was. I just talked to Mario in Highland Park.

I think that March of 2019 was an anomaly... Need to have a big Q1 and lots of inventory in certain trims and None in more popular trims.

If you want a LR RWD I doubt there is discounted inventory.

Last edited: