Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who should be Tesla's new Chair?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I predict and hope that Alan Mulally will not only become a board member but possibly co-CEO. It's not impossible. Whole Foods had co-CEOs for a while.
It would fit here as Elon needs to be in charge of anything product related, but someone like Alan would be great for earnings calls and can provide alot of high level oversight and insight into manufacturing. He's a west-coaster and gets tech (on google board), Aerospace (ran Boeing), and of course cars (Ford CEO). He gets the pros and cons of alternative energy/propulsion and he seems fairly pro clean energy.

As co-CEO it would give wall street the "adult in the room" they've been looking for for peace of mind. And I think Alan and Elon would get along just fine; Alan can go w/ the flow. It would give Alan a hand in helping to redefine the entire auto industry. Elon needs help w/ this.

I predict and hope that Alan Mulally will not only become a board member but possibly co-CEO. It's not impossible. Whole Foods had co-CEOs for a while.
It would fit here as Elon needs to be in charge of anything product related, but someone like Alan would be great for earnings calls and can provide alot of high level oversight and insight into manufacturing. He's a west-coaster and gets tech (on google board), Aerospace (ran Boeing), and of course cars (Ford CEO). He gets the pros and cons of alternative energy/propulsion and he seems fairly pro clean energy.

As co-CEO it would give wall street the "adult in the room" they've been looking for for peace of mind. And I think Alan and Elon would get along just fine; Alan can go w/ the flow. It would give Alan a hand in helping to redefine the entire auto industry. Elon needs help w/ this.
Mulaly is horrible. He opposed Ford making EVs even though Bill Ford supported them.

He also ran Boeing badly. Ford too, but he got lucky. Too much of an accountant and little vision in both cases. Horrible choice, IMO.

• Informative
Reactions: dauger and EinSV
Announcing Robyn Denholm as Tesla’s New Board Chair

Been on the Board since 2014, and will leave Telstra for full time.
8,000 stock options each year.
$300,000 cash retainter per year.

Robyn-Denholm.jpg

Last edited:
She gave six months notice to her current employer so she could concentrate on the Tesla chairwoman job. Looks she is very serious about it. I think she will have a bright future in Tesla even though Elon will still be the one who calls the shot.

Last edited:
Drat...

Too slow in putting my resume back online...

Good to see this one resolving and hope she ends up being a good fit for the company. I read she’s an car-nut but Teslas are more super computers with wheels than cars with tablets...
- they will need automaker experts, but also ones who get the Silicon Valley mindset.