Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who sings those Caraoke songs?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

hydro 481

Sep 4, 2017
USA
Some of them are just downright awful. I wonder if Tesla pulled employees from their own team to record these tracks? Carol from HR, Greg from accounting, ect? I know budget is tight but sheesh...

But seriously, who are these people and how does Tesla decide which songs to add? Is there a place where we can make requests?

They're painful to listen to as normal songs because of the voices being just a bit off.... as the saying goes, there's nothing so wrong as something that's not quite right.

But then listening to them as normal songs isn't really the point of the feature.

i'm sure the songs were selected from an already established karaoke catalog. it's not unusual for these songs to have new vocals recorded for these purposes.

We had a laser disc karaoke machine back in the 90's. The discs with original singers are like 3x more expansive than the ones with no-name singers. And since we are supposed to be the ones singing, it really doesn't matter.

I thought the whole point in Caraoke was that you and your occupants are the ones singing? Or are you suggesting the "backing singers" are cramping your style?
We tried turning off the vocals but it’s easier to sing along with them turned on. It’s just some of the singing is hilariously bad I wish there was a microphone or something that projects your voice onto the car speakers like real karaoke. Honestly though I didn’t really care for caraoke when it was announced but so far my passengers have been really enjoying it.

Reactions: byeLT4
Some of them are just downright awful. I wonder if Tesla pulled employees from their own team to record these tracks? Carol from HR, Greg from accounting, ect? I know budget is tight but sheesh...

But seriously, who are these people and how does Tesla decide which songs to add? Is there a place where we can make requests?

With a young daughter I drive to school each morning I have more experience with the Caraoke than I would like to.
I like it cause she likes it and hopefully it is helping develop her reading skills.
Telsa did not invent this service and is not providing the content, like Slacker is another company's service they have installed into the car software.

Some of the songs the Disney ones for example do seem to be by the actual artists, others are obviously not by the artist. I am sure it is due to royalty differences in what the service provider pays per song. Some of the songs do use really bad singers.

Would be much improved if instead of turning the main lyrics off you could turn them down in relation to the rest of the track background and background vocals. And/or pickup your voices through the car's microphone as mentioned above.

Seems to be helping my four year old practice letters at the start of words, and the concept of words in general is being hammered in. At least kids around that stage of development would benefit from it.
Pick a letter and get them to tell you every time they see a word that starts with it and see if they can connect it with the word in the song. There are so many variant games you can play with it.

Would be much improved if instead of turning the main lyrics off you could turn them down in relation to the rest of the track background and background vocals. And/or pickup your voices through the car's microphone as mentioned above.
I also was thinking the same thing. It would be nice to be able to at least adjust the volume of the vocals. I’m sure this could easily be done since the vocals are obviously a separate track from the instrumental.

Oh yeah it's terrible! Some of them are so bad they're distracting and I can't sing myself because I can still hear the horrible singing, that oddly is worse than mine (and that's saying something). I mostly use it with my daughter while we're waiting for her school bus so at least it's short periods. LOL

If you're a Queen fan, stay away from their songs... far far away! Whoever they got to sing them is TERRIBLE and just makes you want to cry.

We noticed You're Welcome from Moana is actually Lin Manuel Miranda singing it and he was off pitch a bit so it was not so good. We like the Dwayne Johnson version better. I think the one with Lin must be the demo track he made before the movie was cast or something.

Reactions: hydro 481
Oh yeah it's terrible! Some of them are so bad they're distracting and I can't sing myself because I can still hear the horrible singing, that oddly is worse than mine (and that's saying something). I mostly use it with my daughter while we're waiting for her school bus so at least it's short periods. LOL

If you're a Queen fan, stay away from their songs... far far away! Whoever they got to sing them is TERRIBLE and just makes you want to cry.

We noticed You're Welcome from Moana is actually Lin Manuel Miranda singing it and he was off pitch a bit so it was not so good. We like the Dwayne Johnson version better. I think the one with Lin must be the demo track he made before the movie was cast or something.
Yes, exactly this. If you’re not familiar with a song you kinda need the vocals to learn how to sing it properly. But some of them are just so bad you don’t wanna go on lol.