Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Who will be the first non-Tesla owner to take delivery?

First delivery estimate for Bay Area line-waiters who don't already own a Tesla

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

israndy

Supercharger Hunter
Mar 31, 2016
Alameda, CA
Looking at the Delivery Estimator for my first-in-line reservation on 3/31/16, and living 20 minutes from the factory (along with millions of others) my estimate for First Production says I can expect delivery in the Nov. 2017-Jan. 2018 range.

Screen Shot 2017-07-30 at 12.35.24 PM.png

Where is everyone else who waited in line?

-Randy

• Informative
Reactions: Matias
Looking at the Delivery Estimator for my first-in-line reservation on 3/31/16, and living 20 minutes from the factory (along with millions of others) my estimate for First Production says I can expect delivery in the Nov. 2017-Jan. 2018 range.

View attachment 238748

-Randy
Whoever it is, can we start a GoFundMe for a GoPro? :D

OK, but this thread was really trying to compare apples to apples, so NON-owners. I wonder now if it was current Tesla owners who indicated they expected delivery in September and October above.

I was really trying to find out if others in the same boat as me had different estimated delivery dates, so looking for:

Not a current Tesla owner or employee
Live in the Bay Area
Got reservations before they were available online

Check your delivery estimator and vote the results in the poll above

Thanks

-Randy

Reactions: Neo_fd3s

View attachment 238748

-Randy

Interesting. I have the same estimate and I waited in line in Utah. This might help confirm my theory that they will be producing more than they deliver and deliver a ton at the beginning of January.

Edit: Also non-owner.

Reactions: Kacey Green

View attachment 238748

-Randy
Wow, I got the same date, and I'm a non-owner in Tennessee.

Actually I double checked and it was 1AM so 9 hours not 7 (I forgot which way DST moved). My e-mail confirmation for the rez came at 1:18AM California time. It was by coincidence I was out there and happened to be near a store that I could get to easily...so I went and did it. Unfortunately I don't think I can afford the long range so I won't get it until the second batch anyway. But if I were going for long range yes I would likely be one of the first non-owners, I think.

Hi, @Randy Spencer. My calculations show the following data for first non-owner Model 3s in California:
  • Production start 1 Nov 2017
  • Production end 5 Nov 2017
  • Delivery 10 Nov 2017

Also, the data for the first non-employee cars looks like this:
  • Production start 13 Oct 2017
  • Production end 17 Oct 2017
  • Delivery 22 Oct 2017

In other words, owner deliveries in California will continue from 22 Oct to 10 Nov 2017 based on my calculation. The 22 Oct 2017 date for first non-employee deliveries matches Tesla's "Late October 2017" statement on the presskit page. The reason it matches is not that I have copied what they said. My calculations were already pretty close before 28 July. I was off by 10 days.

Last edited: