Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why does everyone keep saying AP+FSD=$5000?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I place an order of model 3, the Tesla website clearly adds $3000 for AP and $5000 for FSD, so that's $8000 in total. When I bought the car in 2018 it was $5000 EAP + $3000 FSD = $8000 in total. So nothing changed with regard to this feature combo. Am I missing something?

Since website hasn’t updated, I was hoping I could order by calling Fremont yesterday afternoon. Instead I spent most of the phone call explaining the new pricing to the Tesla employee. After he checked twice with other employees he eventually acknowledged the new pricing but couldn’t take my order over the phone.:D

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: mdustinsy
If I place an order of model 3, the Tesla website clearly adds $3000 for AP and $5000 for FSD, so that's $8000 in total. When I bought the car in 2018 it was $5000 EAP + $3000 FSD = $8000 in total. So nothing changed with regard to this feature combo. Am I missing something?

If you purchase today your price is what you posted... if you purchased in 2018 and don't have EAP or FSD you can now buy AP/FSD for $5K.

Ahah, I paid $8000 for EAP+FSD in 2018. it turned out that I only overpaid by around $2500 instead of the originally thought $5500. If Elon can honor $1000 kickback I’ll be content. Besides the early access program seems really cool and invaluable. I encourage everyone to think in the positive light.

$5000 is only for those that took delivery (without any autopilot option) before the announcement date.
But only for 2019 buyers before the announcement on Feb. 28, that's my understanding anyway.
Wait maybe that was for EAP buyers getting the free FSD upgrade, yeah I think thats it?
Otherwise if you bought EAP and did not get FSD in 2018 then you will have to pay another $2,000 for FSD

The blog announcement says that Teslas purchased before last week's announcement qualify for the discounted prices. No mention of it being restricted to 2019 purchases.
Yeah must have been just about the EAP purchaser I read then having the cutoff for paying the extra $2,000 for FSD, some people were posting if you bought EAP that you would get FSD for free but only if you bought in 2019

Ahah, I paid $8000 for EAP+FSD in 2018. it turned out that I only overpaid by around $2500 instead of the originally thought $5500. If Elon can honor $1000 kickback I’ll be content. Besides the early access program seems really cool and invaluable. I encourage everyone to think in the positive light.

That's fraud brother. Tesla clearly stated that if you pre-purchase EAP with FSD you would lock in savings as it would cost more post-delivery. Now, you still don't have FSD and then they reduced the price. Tesla needs to refund you $3k...