Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why is TMC censoring my text?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
NOUN

• 1A book or other written or printed work, regarded in terms of its content rather than its physical form.

‘a text which explores pain and grief’
    1. 1.1 A piece of written or printed material regarded as conveying the authentic or primary form of a particular work.
      ‘in some passages it is difficult to establish the original text’

2. 1.2mass noun Written or printed words, typically forming a connected piece of work.
      ‘stylistic features of journalistic text’

3. 1.3Computing mass noun Data in the form of words or alphabetic characters.
  • 2in singular The main body of a book or other piece of writing, as distinct from other material such as notes, appendices, and illustrations.

‘the pictures are clear and relate well to the text’
    1. 2.1 A script or libretto.
  • 3A written work chosen or set as a subject of study.

‘too much concentration on set texts can turn pupils against reading’
    1. 3.1 A textbook.
      ‘an organic chemistry text’

2. 3.2 A passage from the Bible or other religious work, especially when used as the subject of a sermon.

3. 3.3 A subject or theme for a discussion or exposition.
      ‘he took as his text the fact that Australia is paradise’
  • 4A text message.

‘just give us a call or send us a text’

• 5mass noun Fine, large handwriting, used especially for manuscripts.

VERB
[WITH OBJECT]
  • Send (someone) a text message.

‘if she was going to go she would have texted us’
Origin
Late Middle English: from Old Northern French texte, from Latin textus ‘tissue, literary style’ (in medieval Latin, ‘Gospel’), from text- ‘woven’, from the verb texere.

Pronunciation
text
/tɛkst/

I knew it.

*sugar*.

OK, the truth is that TMC has a secret AI designed to increase activity. Using an advanced text processing neural net, it determines your personality type and responds accordingly. Fake likes for fragile egos seeking validation, fake posts with point-by-point response for basement geniuses with too much time on their hands, fake attacks on FUDsters and shorts for TSLA bulls, and censorship for self-righteous, attention-seeking, empty-threatening posters who'll never, ever just **** off like they say they will.

Uh....

Because they own the site and we, patrons, are here because we find value in the site.

Regarding permissible content, it's up to the moderators to determine what is appropriate and what is not. It is up to the patrons to decide if they can abide with those decisions. If they can't, they are free to seek other sites with different rules.

I have had a few of my POSTS (I text my kids, I post on this forum) censored and even 1 or 2 removed altogether. Whether I agree with the action is irrelevant because I DON'T OWN THE SITE AND AGREED TO FOLLOW THE RULES WHEN I SIGNED UP.

Pretty simple really.

Reactions: MitchMitch
I knew it.

*sugar*.

OK, the truth is that TMC has a secret AI designed to increase activity. Using an advanced text processing neural net, it determines your personality type and responds accordingly. Fake likes for fragile egos seeking validation, fake posts with point-by-point response for basement geniuses with too much time on their hands, fake attacks on FUDsters and shorts for TSLA bulls, and censorship for self-righteous, attention-seeking, empty-threatening posters who'll never, ever just **** off like they say they will.

YOU NAILED IT!! :)

If you want to see censorship go to the Tesla forums. I’ve posted a couple of (what I thought were funny) replies and they were not posted. This has happened a few times, and there was nothing wrong with the forum at the time. I’ve never used swear words there or denigrated another poster.