Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why no enhance Summon feature on latest update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have my car for about a month now, I have couple update software to the latest 2019.1.1. I do purchased the FSD option. I still do not see enhance summon on my phone app. Just the same forward and backward option. Anyone know how to get this feature added on my car?

I have my car for about a month now, I have couple update software to the latest 2019.1.1. I do purchased the FSD option. I still do not see enhance summon on my phone app. Just the same forward and backward option. Anyone know how to get this feature added on my car?

Three months maybe, definitely six. The feature clearly doesn't work yet, it's not getting pushed to anyone except the EAP folks, and even then I'm not even sure how many updates they are seeing with it.

Videos have been posted by customers online demonstrating Enhanced Summon - so the software does appear to exist, at least for a few customers, likely in the Early Access program (though by posting the videos online, Tesla could drop them from Early Access - what happens in Fight Club - Stays in Fight Club).

So this isn't the case of software not existing.

What's more likely is that the software isn't ready for wide distribution - they may have found situations where the software didn't perform as expected, which they'll address before sending the feature out to everyone.

The challenge with all of these driver assist and FSD features is handling real-world conditions, which are difficult to simulate. And we shouldn't be surprised if it takes longer than Tesla (Musk) believes to get new features operating well enough to use in the real world...