Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why will you need a Cyber Truck?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why will you need a Cyber Truck? Work demands or any other reason?
We currently tow our Aliner camper with a Chevy Volt. My wife is nervous as the Volt is not rated to tow but we have successfully pulled our camper over 25,000 miles across the USA and Canada. If the truck is not too big, will tow without a huge range hit, does have a solar bed cover, and allows 120V charging, I can see me getting it. I also have a trailer to haul plywood and other projects around and a truck is better than a trailer.

For sure I do not need a CYBER TRUCK.

But
- I always wanted a stainless steel vehicle
- it has plenty of room for everything
- I plan to use it for camping outside (with a tent or a fixed camper in the back)
- it is one of the cheapest Teslas I can buy
- has great performance for its price
- love the looks

Here in Germany I expect it to be a rare car - at least the first few years. I imagine talking to a lot of people - just like when I got my first Tesla roadster.

Need ... no. Want and have uses YES!

500+ miles range, towing, some off-road that I can't take the X. Unplowed roads and bad winter weather in Maine. Moving big tools, equipment and garden/landscaping supplies, iot having to arrange transport. Looking forward to fun and adventures with grandkids.

Used to have a Suburban. Great, except for the gas bills. Drove industrial H1 Hummers - what a truck! Cybrtrck should be great, too.

speaking of camping in the Model S. Do I understand that the middle of the back seat folds down in order to do a pass through? if that's the case, that would indicate that the bed could be supplied with AC or Heat as needed. put a nice matterace in the back and camp away. I may be interested now.

S and X don't do well in 12-16 inches of snow. Also don't do well on rutted muddy roads, like the 1-mile-long drive to our house. Having a truck for runs to the hardware store will be great too as I won't need to drag a trailer along most of the time. But one of my favorite features will be the no-worries, unpainted, stainless finish.

The two negatives I've come up with so far are the vastly more expensive tires that will be required and the mass of the truck. It most definitely won't handle like a low-slung car.

Replacing a 2004 Chevy 2500 pickup that is used for towing boats, yard maintenance, home projects, hauling parts and deliveries for a small side business, hauling kids and equipment to activities and sports, and as my winter commute vehicle when the roads are not suitable for driving my "summer" car.

Ironically, one of the frequent uses will be hauling fuel for the ICE boats.

Another teenager in the household will start driving in 2021, adding more demand for the family fleet.

• Funny
Reactions: ReddykwRun
speaking of camping in the Model S. Do I understand that the middle of the back seat folds down in order to do a pass through? if that's the case, that would indicate that the bed could be supplied with AC or Heat as needed. put a nice matterace in the back and camp away. I may be interested now.

Yes, and I have done this in my 2015 MS. Custom made mattress is avial under $50. Bjorn Nyland has lots of vids on this, as do others.

Lots of info on TMC, search for Camper Mode...

S and X don't do well in 12-16 inches of snow. Also don't do well on rutted muddy roads, like the 1-mile-long drive to our house. Having a truck for runs to the hardware store will be great too as I won't need to drag a trailer along most of the time. But one of my favorite features will be the no-worries, unpainted, stainless finish.

The two negatives I've come up with so far are the vastly more expensive tires that will be required and the mass of the truck. It most definitely won't handle like a low-slung car.
19 feet long

I'm close to 100K miles on my Model S now, in March 2023 the warranty ends, and I will hand it off the kiddos, I figure whatever Tesla offers me for trade in value, will be the sale price to my son, if I'm feeling generous, maybe a little less for him.

Then I will sell my 16 year old FJ Cruiser or maybe not, I love that damn thing. Also I have an off-road camping trailer that I pull to the beach for camping, fishing, etc.

Screen Shot 2019-12-04 at 8.17.43 PM.png

It's actually replacing my Model-S 100d. I'm not a truck guy. But we moved to Colorado two years ago and having a vehicle which can off road is almost a necessity. I find just driving to a friend's house often involves some tough driving on pock marked gravel roads.

I will also have my new Tesla Roadster by then and if I want to look pretty I can.