Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why you should not buy a Mercedes-Benz S-Class.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My "Friendly" Neighbor came up to me this morning. And showed me that the guys over on the S-Class forum have created an abundance of reason's as to why "One Should Not Buy A Tesla Model S". And that annoyed me. So why not create a list of reason's as why us Tesla owner's should NOT buy a S-Class. Let me start....:D

1. It's pretty slow compared to our car's.
2. It use's gas.
3.You have to "Change the Oil"
4. They don't look as good as our car's do.
5. You have to actually use the brake to stop.

Why would you not buy an S-Class?

They must be REALLY insecure to go out of their way specifically targeting Model S and coming up with bad things about it. Kinda sad when you think about it. Most of us here don't badmouth the S-Class. Just the overall experience of gas cars vs now driving electric and how much better it is. Shame really, S-Class is a beautiful car.

If I had to play though, it's the amount of physical buttons in an S-Class. That sounds like a mechanical nightmare longterm of "this no longer works".

I used to live in an area full of Mercedes-Benz, BMW, Land Rover, etc..m Now it's over 50 percent Tesla. The old fogies still have the Benz and BMWs - there is just no compelling reason to spend that cash on something so similar to a Honda Accord.

I would hazard a guess that the only place where over 50% of the cars are Teslas is the parking lot at Tesla's offices, and maybe not even there.

• Disagree
Reactions: gaswalla
They must be REALLY insecure to go out of their way specifically targeting Model S and coming up with bad things about it. Kinda sad when you think about it. Most of us here don't badmouth the S-Class. Just the overall experience of gas cars vs now driving electric and how much better it is. Shame really, S-Class is a beautiful car.

If I had to play though, it's the amount of physical buttons in an S-Class. That sounds like a mechanical nightmare longterm of "this no longer works".
Tesla is outselling the S class and the 7 series combined. They have a large target on their back from the "traditional" buyer.

All I know is the Mercedes loaner was a major letdown. Surprisingly worse than the Model S. The interface was a god-awful. The rattling noisy start-stop engine save gas thing whatever it was I was really bad. I know it was a loner but it only had like 15k on it and the interior looked tired.

Tesla is outselling the S class and the 7 series combined. They have a large target on their back from the "traditional" buyer.

Yeah I'm aware of this, I still find it a bit jarring that the traditional buyer would be so concerned with validating their purchase. Especially when you consider how different a Model S is compared to a 7 Series or S-Class. I've always found it a bit odd when people cross shop Model S with other full size luxuries.

One is all electric and more software driven, the others are gas and filled with insane amenities like massage seats and heated panels. And from what I remember, surveys showed a lot of Tesla owners are people who stepped out of their comfort zone with the budget of the vehicle. So a lot of buyers (at least initially when this study came out) were people that would never go for a full size luxury. This is all just conjecture of course.

I guess it depends on what side of the fence you are on makes you believe your grass may be greener. What kind of a Mercedes loaner did you get that was rattling? Very doubtful it was an S class. Have you sat in a new S or 7? I know this is supposed to be pro model S thread but come on now, they are in a whole different class of interior and build quality, actually an incredibly nice place to sit and drive. They are not electric though but they are fast, not P90 or P100 fast but neither is an S60, 75 or 90, base MB S550's are twin turbo V8's and very fast. What I'm trying to say is at least keep it real. o_O

My "Friendly" Neighbor came up to me this morning. And showed me that the guys over on the S-Class forum have created an abundance of reason's as to why "One Should Not Buy A Tesla Model S". And that annoyed me. So why not create a list of reason's as why us Tesla owner's should NOT buy a S-Class. Let me start....:D
1. It's pretty slow compared to our car's.
2. It use's gas.
3.You have to "Change the Oil"
4. They don't look as good as our car's do.
5. You have to actually use the brake to stop. Why would you not buy an S-Class?

Link? :cool:

Reactions: krazineurons
Let me complete your top 10...

6. There is no such thing as a Mercedes Grin
7. Handles like a barge (but cannot float and propel itself in deep water like the Model S)
8. Interior has many coloured LEDs yet does not have smoke machine and lazers to complete sleazy nightclub feel
9. Drive Pilot pretends to take turns then runs off the road
10. Accessing the configuration menu often leads to significant delays in leaving the garage