Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Why you should skip the powered frunk and grab a Satonic soft close frunk

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Attachments

• IMG_0448.jpeg
    IMG_0448.jpeg
    220.1 KB · Views: 55
@ngng how did you get yours for "$60"? Have they just ramped the prices since you bought? Where exactly did you buy from?

Linked in the video comment. They must have had a sale or something. There’s a sale starting site wide on the 8th. I actually cancelled my steering wheel and am going to reorder for an additional discount. Maybe try then. Looks like the going price for the closer is 80 now

Reactions: richyrich
Anyone install one on a Model X? Not sure I like the fact the everything says Model 3/Y, yet they have S & X versions available. Price sure has gone up.

As I write this, that same $180 kit is $90 on their AE store. If you're not in a rush, order from AE.

I just ordered the Satonic for $63. You can get it here:

then use the coupons STU5OFF and AEUS05 for $5 off each. The first is good to the end of Jan while the second expires on Jan 12.

The listing shows the V1 pictures but I wouldn't be surprised the V2 shows up. Either way is fine with me.
How can you tell who you are buying from?

For example, these appear to both say they are the Satonic V1:

What is the difference?

It looks like you can use CABIN6OFF and STU5OFF for a total of $11 off. (Maybe only for first time AE users.)

Last edited:
How can you tell who you are buying from?

For example, these appear to both say they are the Satonic V1:

What is the difference?

Those listings are presumably the same product from different vendors. Near the top of the page, you can see one is "Satonic Official Store" while the other is "Satonic Autoparts Store". The names don't necessarily mean anything as most vendors are little mom and pop shops that can use whatever name they want.

Reactions: zoomer0056
Hansshow has an installation video on their page. Their closing mechanism is similar to others mentioned earlier. The emergency release cable simply attaches to the lock catch part (where the other cable is) of the OE latching mechanism. Then you run the other end down and zip tie it the wiring by the tow hook hole. I bet you can simply add a bike brake cable and do something similar if you get a kit that doesn't have one.

Hansshow's kit has a motor unit and power supply unit which need to be fastened/secured to the car. The motor part seems a bit clunky to me using double sided tape and zip ties to attach to the body (someone else had pointed this out about their power frunk kit). I'm leaning towards the Futhrope kit off AE and adding my own emergency release cable. Their design is all in one piece and attaches directly to the OE latch so less travel for the cable. Hard to say if the motors are of equal strength and quality though.

Last edited: