Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Wifey complains of cold air coming out of vent

kelvin 660

Aug 21, 2020
Stonehouse
Now the weather is getting better, and the sun is shinning, we can get into the M3 and the air con will come on to cool down the car due to the solar gain from the windows and roof. However the outside temperature is only around 8 - 10 C.
As its not possible to turn of the vent I had to purchase 1m of the 16mm diameter; Expanded Neoprene Cord Rubber Sponge Seal 3mm 4mm 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 16mm | eBay at £4.55 to block up the vent.
So far, so good and it can easily be removed when the hot weather finally comes...

Well at less it doesn't look to out of place in the vent.

Vent.jpg

Anyone got a better solution??

Durzel

Jul 17, 2019
Bath, UK
I can't say I've ever noticed the car not simply cooling or warming the air to whatever temperature I select on the climate control. Never heard/felt this "solar gain" cooldown that you're describing there.

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
Well you could just switch air to face off and turn on the windshield heat vent.

You can also tilt that vent all the way up and to the sides.

Yev000

May 3, 2019
Knaphill
I've tried that (and other settings) but I get cold air on my legs!

My perfect set-up is AUTO at 20.0C and unfortunately its not agreeable to the wifey...

Now that's a thought...
Divorse is expensive.... And court will say she owns half the car.

However, in my case worth it....

Then again, if you choose servitude till death do you part then you can try to turn the temperature up on her side?

You need to go to HVAC settings (the fan icon) and tap on "sync" to turn it off, you should then have 2 temperature controlls.

Adopado

Aug 19, 2019
Scotland
Now the weather is getting better, and the sun is shinning, we can get into the M3 and the air con will come on to cool down the car due to the solar gain from the windows and roof. However the outside temperature is only around 8 - 10 C.
As its not possible to turn of the vent I had to purchase 1m of the 16mm diameter; Expanded Neoprene Cord Rubber Sponge Seal 3mm 4mm 5mm 6mm 8mm 10mm 12mm 16mm | eBay at £4.55 to block up the vent.
So far, so good and it can easily be removed when the hot weather finally comes...

Well at less it doesn't look to out of place in the vent.

View attachment 645888

Anyone got a better solution??

If you switch the climate on 5 mins before you get into the car the initial cool-down will have completed by the time you get in and all will be well.

Billbrown1982

TM3 LR 2021 | Red | FSD
Dec 21, 2020
Basildon
I must admit I've found that when i've had the car on 22 or 24, after it reaches that temperature ive felt a cold draft that isn't particularly nice.

I just need to tweak the angles and stuff i'm sure, just not got around to it yet.

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC