Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will Donald Trump's denial of scientific fact affect Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
is that million vote plurality some product of the "new math" being taught?

the actual number is less than a 400k popular vote win for hillary

Read the links. Over 5 million ballots left to be counted. She did not win it marginally. It is substantial.

"Hillary Clinton didn’t just win the popular vote. She won it by a substantial margin.

By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960."

Read the links. Over 5 million ballots left to be counted. She did not win it marginally. It is substantial.

"Hillary Clinton didn’t just win the popular vote. She won it by a substantial margin.

By the time all the ballots are counted, she seems likely to be ahead by more than 2 million votes and more than 1.5 percentage points, according to my Times colleague Nate Cohn. She will have won by a wider percentage margin than not only Al Gore in 2000 but also Richard Nixon in 1968 and John F. Kennedy in 1960."
Good post. I saw Nate Cohn on CNN last week. Pretty smart guy.

As long as the 1.1 million illegals in California with driver's licenses didn't register and vote by mail. Not sure how many other states have large numbers of foreign nationals voting.

Illegal immigrants in Califonia cannot vote.
As long as the 1.1 million illegals in California with driver's licenses didn't register and vote by mail
Your statement is factually incorrect. See FALSE: California Passed a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections

While critics of the New Motor Voter Act fear that undocumented people may slip through the loopholes and get registered to vote, it's false to say that California has made it legal for undocumented people to vote. In fact, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla said that the new law is actually more secure:

The way automatic registration works is relatively simple: Eligible citizens are registered to vote when they show up at a Department of Motor Vehicles office to obtain a driver's license or state ID. The DMV gives the eligible voter a chance to opt out if they prefer not to register. If the person does not opt out, the DMV electronically transfers their voter registration information to the Secretary of State's office, rather than making election officials enter data by hand from paper registration forms...

"... Automated voter registration is actually a more secure way of doing things," California Secretary of State Alex Padilla told HuffPost in September. Potential voters "have to demonstrate proof of age, the vast majority of time people are showing a birth certificate or a passport, which also reflects citizenship. That's arguably more secure than someone checking a box under penalty of perjury," Padilla said.

Illegal immigrants in Califonia cannot vote.
Your statement is factually incorrect. See FALSE: California Passed a Law Allowing Undocumented Immigrants to Vote in Federal Elections

While critics of the New Motor Voter Act fear that undocumented people may slip through the loopholes and get registered to vote, it's false to say that California has made it legal for undocumented people to vote. In fact, California Secretary of State Alex Padilla said that the new law is actually more secure:

The way automatic registration works is relatively simple: Eligible citizens are registered to vote when they show up at a Department of Motor Vehicles office to obtain a driver's license or state ID. The DMV gives the eligible voter a chance to opt out if they prefer not to register. If the person does not opt out, the DMV electronically transfers their voter registration information to the Secretary of State's office, rather than making election officials enter data by hand from paper registration forms...

"... Automated voter registration is actually a more secure way of doing things," California Secretary of State Alex Padilla told HuffPost in September. Potential voters "have to demonstrate proof of age, the vast majority of time people are showing a birth certificate or a passport, which also reflects citizenship. That's arguably more secure than someone checking a box under penalty of perjury," Padilla said.

Actually? No.

Register to Vote

You need no proof of anything anymore. They mail the ballot. You need an address.

That's what is cool about California, most people are too lazy to vote, but others have the energy to vote 10 times or more.

Last edited:
DOH!~ Was that Spanish or not? Register to Vote

You don't have to show any proof. AFAIK, anyone can get a ballot and vote. Pretty sure they just cross ref the CDL to make sure your address matches, that's it.

Please, no matter what your political affiliation is, be really cautious about our state government. It's about as close to organized crime as you can get away with.

Last edited:
Or maybe we should just eliminate the electoral college system.

All for it. Just let me know when I can sign for that.

I do not buy the argument that we should follow our tradition and maintain the Electoral College just because that is how we voted for 200 years. 200 years ago we also operated without anesthetics and without washing our hands. Anyone up for an appendectomy "traditional style"?

How many of us purchased a Tesla because we got a $7,500.00 tax credit. All of the people that I know who purchased a Tesla come up with the money first. Yes, there may be a few that will not buy an "S" or an "X", they may wait for the 3.
@Saghost are you going to make it to John's this Sunday?
That was a big factor in our decision. We were cross shopping benzes, Audi, bimmer and Porsche

Oh I agree. You don't learn anything new in an echo chamber. But who knows? Maybe it will all be okay.

You folks picked the driver and you're all on the bus for the next 4 years, like it or not. And, even though we didn't get a vote, Canada is, as always, duct taped to the rear window just hoping that things don't get too rough! :)
Don't say you folks! Hillary won the popular vote by 200k. It's the damn electoral that f'd us!

Reactions: msnow
Antiquated because the reason the Electoral College was created was to give the slave states more influence in the election because a large segment of their populations couldn't vote.
Respectfully disagree. IDK where you get this info but not factual. It was more so all states are given a voice and some really intelligent fore-thought by our founders. I'm sure it's been twisted to look racist today but still wrong. Smaller, rural states get their voice heard or would be disregarded as unimportant to the union.
Consider this: Manhattan, Chicago and LA would have an enormous amount of power w/o the electoral college. 3 bubbles who care little about the rest of the electorate

Respectfully disagree. IDK where you get this info but not factual. It was more so all states are given a voice and some really intelligent fore-thought by our founders. I'm sure it's been twisted to look racist today but still wrong. Smaller, rural states get their voice heard or would be disregarded as unimportant to the union.
Consider this: Manhattan, Chicago and LA would have an enormous amount of power w/o the electoral college. 3 bubbles who care little about the rest of the electorate
It's absolutely factual. You can look it up yourself or look here Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia.
It was proposed by James Madison and agreed to at the Constitutional Convention. Read the proposal by Madison under "background". The problem we have today with using the Electoral College is that every modern election is decided by the 9 or so battleground states, not the people. I think it's worth a public debate.

I concur. The EC gives an appropriate vote to the "little guy" to keep those individuals from getting stepped on by the high-density population centers. It is an extremely well-thought system that tends to work under most circumstances.

This is, of course, a two-edged sword. Those that recently lost are upset, with a degree of justification, but in the past it has gone both ways.

Reactions: jspayneii
I concur. The EC gives an appropriate vote to the "little guy" to keep those individuals from getting stepped on by the high-density population centers. It is an extremely well-thought system that tends to work under most circumstances.

This is, of course, a two-edged sword. Those that recently lost are upset, with a degree of justification, but in the past it has gone both ways.
Wow, somehow we partially agree! It may accomplish that goal but the Founders intent was different and based on different facts at a different time in history. Still worth a public debate. Romney would agree as would the 2012 version of Trump who publically stated so.

It's absolutely factual. You can look it up yourself or look here Electoral College (United States) - Wikipedia.
It was proposed by James Madison and agreed to at the Constitutional Convention. Read the proposal by Madison under "background". The problem we have today with using the Electoral College is that every modern election is decided by the 9 or so battleground states, not the people. I think it's worth a public debate.
Nope, it furnishes too much control to the population centers. And Wikipedia is not a valid research tool.

Soros has been busy this week...a good thing rain is coming to Portland, otherwise it might burn down.

Nope, it furnishes too much control to the population centers. And Wikipedia is not a valid research tool.

Soros has been busy this week...a good thing rain is coming to Portland, otherwise it might burn down.
Why don't you "look it up" then and use your own research tool. It's not hard, the Founding Fathers put it writing just for people like you even though most of us learned this in the 5th grade. And by the way, the "population centers" are where most people live. Your welcome.

Last edited: